The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value Of] David Booth

Say we were to trade D. Booth, what can we fetch in return? Could we fetch a top 4 defencmen with Booth?

Don't get me wrong, Booth is a great guy who has awesome skill and some size, but IMO, he doesn't fit into our system. Much like Keith Ballard. He is also a shoot-first player, someone that can't be put with Kesler.

What could Booth get us?

I disagree, this is just another example of fans pushing the panic button way to soon, yes he struggled but he came from Florida and the difference between there and he is by-polar, both in weather and the hockey team publicity.

find a playmaker for that line would complete it and make Booth better and also Kesler but more so Booth, he has tons of skills that we don't have other than him, and he is something I think we should hang on too, he can still be a very effective player for us.

honestly, who the hell knows...we didnt exactly break the bank to get him

he would have more value if he was involved in a package deal...

to ana: booth, edler, conditional 1st pick 2013 (if ryan hits 40 goals, if he doesnt it turns into a 2nd pick in 2013)

to van: ryan

you know what i mean, it would be like "we are giving up ryan but we are getting a decent replacement in booth and a top 4 defenceman to replace visnovsky"

Probably fair value, a good proposal (and I like Ryan) > but we cannot afford to give up a defender witthout getting a right side D back IMO!

honestly, who the hell knows...we didnt exactly break the bank to get him

he would have more value if he was involved in a package deal...

to ana: booth, edler, conditional 1st pick 2013 (if ryan hits 40 goals, if he doesnt it turns into a 2nd pick in 2013)

to van: ryan

you know what i mean, it would be like "we are giving up ryan but we are getting a decent replacement in booth and a top 4 defenceman to replace visnovsky"

Archived