The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL] London 2012 Olympics Thread

UMB

Valiant effort by our girls. Sucks that the game had to be decided by the god damn referee. I don't like blaming the ref usually, because they have a very hard job. Still, it was a sickening display of officiating. I've never seen such a poor display! Disgraceful!

Christine Sinclair is the best female soccer player on the planet! She almost single-handily beat the US team herself. Hope our girls can rebound and re-group for the bronze medal game.

Sesselmann? Looks like she played her first international when she was 28. She had no place on the US team. Same with guys like Cacau, who plays for Germany.

Leroux gave up her spot on the team so she could play for the Americans. She has no pride for any country.

You literally need to learn how to count. I may have been more than 6 seconds, but no way was it 15....

...and no professional referee would make that call in the semi-final of a major tournament with a one goal differential. It was a patently ridiculous call which basically handed the US the tying goal.

What are you talking about? Of course it was. Did you see the Americans score any other goals in regulation? Do you think they stopped trying after they tied it up?

I know you're playing the devil's advocate here, but there are some occasions where mistakes by officials affect the outcome of the game. this was one of those occasions and a chance at Olympic gold was stolen from the Canadian women.

A complete travesty.

HAHA @ Canadian broadcasting ripping the reffing. They still don't even understand the call that was made.

Just so everybody in this thread stops complaining about the referee.

IT WASN'T THE GOALIE HANDLING THE BALL OUTSIDE THE BOX THAT CAUSED THE PENALTY, IT WAS THE CANADIAN GOALIE HOLDING THE BALL FOR WAY THE F TOO LONG.

Again, there's no reason for her to swim for Canada. She never lived here, and she just wanted to represent the country she grew up in. Tyler Myers is our own version of Missy Franklin. He had dual citizenship, but he decided NOT to play for the country he had no emotional attachment to.

I have no idea where Leroux's American pride came from. I can only assume she did it for personal glory. You either play for the country you are closest to or the country you were naturalized in.

Archived