The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Rick Nash to Vancouver?

Luongo, Higgins, 1st, Yann Suave

Nash

I wouldn't know what to think, Basically sign Garrison and have the best team of all time.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Nash

Ott Lapierre Kassian

Bitz Pahllson Hansen

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Ballard Tanev/Schultz

Schneider

Gillis is god if this happened.

Adding two 1sts would be an overpayment. Also, why would Vancouver trade Schneider and a decent right winger, just to acquire a top center, but no actual defensemen? Luongo obviously needs more defensive support, and acquiring Nash won't make any difference on Vancouver's defense.

I, for one, would absolutely LOVE a game changing, consistent scoring threat power forward, than having to rely on our averagely skilled forwards for the next 6 years (Aside from Sedins).

Nash is exactly what this team needs (a legitimate scoring threat not named Sedin) and is what the team has been lacking the last 5 f'ing post seasons.

Our biggest trading piece and Columbus's biggest need are the same.

Schneider would be the center piece of any trade with them.

Schneider, Booth, Schroeder, and a 1st would more than likely get it done because we can offer something that not many other teams can, a number 1 goaltender.

Rick Nash isn't only a PWF.. He's a Sniper/Playmaker/Shutdown guy..

Do you remember the Olympics? Guess who was in charge of shutting down Ovie when Canada played Russian..

If you guessed Nash, you're correct. Ovechkin was a non-factor in that game because of Nash. He's paid 7.8 for a reason people, he does everything.

I have a hard time believing that would be enough. Nash's asking price is way too high, especially for a guy who's never cracked 80 points. Not worth his 7.8 million in salary IMO. I'd much rather go after Getzalf or E. Kane.

Rick Nash isn't only a PWF.. He's a Sniper/Playmaker/Shutdown guy..

Do you remember the Olympics? Guess who was in charge of shutting down Ovie when Canada played Russian..

If you guessed Nash, you're correct. Ovechkin was a non-factor in that game because of Nash. He's paid 7.8 for a reason people, he does everything.

We need a power forward right winger far more than a left winger - Shane Doan is a UFA and a better fit - bigger, meaner, more physical, - I'd put more focus on acquiring him and his 200+ hits, 22 goals, lower cap hit, and no assets lost as opposed to Nash's 30 goal, 7.8 million and the farm.

Our biggest trading piece and Columbus's biggest need are the same.

Schneider would be the center piece of any trade with them.

Schneider, Booth, Schroeder, and a 1st would more than likely get it done because we can offer something that not many other teams can, a number 1 goaltender.

How do we even know Coumbus's asking price? It's all been speculation up until this point.

If it is true that they want 4 significant pieces, I would consider those 4 significant pieces.

At some point they're going to have to trade him since he's already asked for a trade. When it comes down to it, I think an offer like that would win out because they need a goaltender. They're going to have to lower their price eventually.

Nash on the Canucks would put up 100 points, I can almost guarantee it. Getzlaf played with Perry and Selanne and he couldn't even put up 60 points, but you would rather overpay for him?

We need a power forward right winger far more than a left winger - Shane Doan is a UFA and a better fit - bigger, meaner, more physical, - I'd put more focus on acquiring him and his 200+ hits, 22 goals, lower cap hit, and no assets lost as opposed to Nash's 30 goal, 7.8 million and the farm.

Archived