The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Need help in deciding which headphones to get

Taelin

Bought beats, but imo they're not ideal for long periods of use as they eventually start making my ears hurt.

This is probably not what you're looking for, as it's more suited to pc/laptop/console/gaming use, but Turtle beaches are incredibly comfortable, they're incredibly light-weight and have great sound quality; in which case I would recommend the Bose Quiet Comforts. A bit pricey but you can try them out at Best Buy. When I tried them out they were pretty comfortable and had this neat technology to cancel out all outside noise.

I used the 83 dollar vic firth ones you can buy at Long & Macquade. They're designed for a wide range of instruments, but they're pretty good for drums.

Also, for the OP you can check out headphone bar http://www.headphonebar.com/ on broadway as they let you try out headphones/earbuds before you buy them. Just bring your own music player! THe owner is especially helpful and they only carry high end stuff. I personally bought these from them and they're really good for the price (although headphone bar sold out of them). Anyways, there's alot of affordable stuff that provide great sound quality.

At a golf tournament last year I won these Sony ones, looked them up at Bestbuy and they were like $50-60 (had a sale for $40 I think at the time) and they worked great. I looked around, read reviews on them (eventhough I couldn't take them back) and people said they were a great alternate for someone who didn't want to spend a fortune on Beats. I used them for running and landscaping and such and they worked out great and would recommend them. Was gonna look on Bestbuys website to link you but apparently their site is down for maintenance right now.

Archived