The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Slow down of signings.

Uncertainty of the CBA - as it will affect his league... I know personally I have left $7.0+ in cap space just in case.

Everybody likes their team so far... no need for big changes, until when the puck drops... whenever that is.

Slow down of signings.

Uncertainty of the CBA - as it will affect his league... I know personally I have left $7.0+ in cap space just in case.

Everybody likes their team so far... no need for big changes, until when the puck drops... whenever that is.

No so much changes, for me, as much as i'm still waiting to put together a full roster, which is why the slow down in signings has been a bit frustrating to be honest.

I hope things start to move soon though. The trade front seems to have dried up more than the Sahara.

Rumour: Rick DiPietro may lose his backup job to young Steve Mason in the CDC Rangers training camp this fall, or whenever hockey returns. While the Rangers are not paying anyone to take on Rick's contract, and they are not simply looking to dump DiPietro, the former 1st overall draft pick, they are certainly giving Steve Mason the nod this offseason, and will likely part ways with DiPietro for a token gesture of return assets. This rumour could not be confirmed, but there is steady buzz that the Rangers GM angrily turned down an offer that would see DiPietro's contract moved out of Madison Square Garden, but also cost the Rangers draft picks.

The latest from The Hockey News on Rick is that he will be a healthy backup this coming year, and may challenge to re-establish himself as a number one goaltender.

2012/08/01: Rick DiPietro has been taken off of the injured reserve list. DiPietro was limited to just eight games last season and has appeared in only 47 contests over the last four campaigns. If he can manage to stay healthy, he'll probably serve as Evgeni Nabokov's understudy next season. (Source: Islanders.nhl.com)

2012/07/27: <a href="http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/player.cgi?2134" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; font-weight: bold; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); text-decoration: none; font-size: 9pt; ">Rick DiPietro is healthy enough this summer to serve as the host for a goaltending camp for young players. "It feels good to get on the ice with the kids and show them some things," DiPietro said. "It's not rehab, it's fun. That's a big deal." DiPietro has missed huge chunks of playing time over the last four seasons and hasn't been particularly good during his brief stints between the pipes. DiPietro might still bounce back and reestablish himself as a solid starter, but we can't recommend drafting him in standard leagues. Your best bet is to simply monitor him over training camp and the early portion of the 2012-13 season. (Source: New York Newsday)

The media`s coverage of the contract negotiations between the players and the NHL is laughable. Like everything else, it is just fear mongering. Every article makes a strike sound more and more likely. This false tension on the situation is practically slander, and is (to a small degree) as damaging to the league as the potential strike itself.

Nobody wants a strike, even the players and the league. Bettman`s comment about sept 15th wasn`t a threat... it was an obvious statement. If nothing is decided when preseason should start, then obviously they can`t play, duh!

The negotiations are only halfway through, and each side has only presented a first attempt. There not supposed to agree yet, lol. I don`t know what people expect, but all the forum banter and media flurry over this is hilarious.

Anyone else getting a good chuckle over this? What can the media report on, when there`s nothing to report on... I know, lets create a strike! Railroading Lou out of town just ain`t any fun anymore :P

The media`s coverage of the contract negotiations between the players and the NHL is laughable. Like everything else, it is just fear mongering. Every article makes a strike sound more and more likely. This false tension on the situation is practically slander, and is (to a small degree) as damaging to the league as the potential strike itself.

Nobody wants a strike, even the players and the league. Bettman`s comment about sept 15th wasn`t a threat... it was an obvious statement. If nothing is decided when preseason should start, then obviously they can`t play, duh!

The negotiations are only halfway through, and each side has only presented a first attempt. There not supposed to agree yet, lol. I don`t know what people expect, but all the forum banter and media flurry over this is hilarious.

Anyone else getting a good chuckle over this? What can the media report on, when there`s nothing to report on... I know, lets create a strike! Railroading Lou out of town just ain`t any fun anymore :P

Not agreeing so far is one thing. Making absolutely zero progress on any front whatsoever regarding the CBA and an impending lockout with less than 4 weeks to go is quite another.

I agree the fear-mongering is rampant right about now. But there is definitely cause for concern at this point. I'd like to see some progress being made before I start feeling any better about hockey starting anytime soon.

Archived