The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] MAG NOT Qualified after hearing he was by MG

Yeah not a fan of that lie Gillis laid out there all he had to say was we're working on it, I understand why we didn't as we need to clear up room to make us more attractive option for Schultz but Gillis should tell the fans he qualified a player he didn't, or he could've easily said no comment on that or one of his cheeky comments like why would I tell you?..

GMs avoid questions or maybe anonymously drop some rumours to esteemed members of the media but they really shouldn't straight out lie. I can understand misleading questions or saying there is interest for a player when there isn't etc but what's to gain by saying on a local radio show that you have qualified a player that you have not in fact qualified?

It's just all strange to me. Things don't seem right with the GM right now.

I wonder if qualifying Gragnani on his RFA contract (his third) would have meant a one way deal - you never know, it is still possible the Canucks could sign him to a two way deal as a UFA after July 1st if he goes unsigned..? More likely they have other guys in mind, and the Luongo deal could bring another prospect as well...

Archived