The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will One of the Canucks Goalies be Traded Tomorrow?

215 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi guys,

So the first day of the NHL draft is tomorrow, and I'm hoping that with that a Canucks goalie will be traded (for me I want Lu to be traded) not only so my suspense can be ended, but also to stop all this talk on CDC about it :P . So I was just wondering if you guys think that a trade will in fact go down tomorrow, and if so who do you think it will be traded, and to whom, some of the options for the trade are only really applicable to Schneider, considering he doesn't have a NTC.

Anyways...

These were my answers:

Yes

Luongo

Luongo

Florida (Dale Tallon & GMMG will do it through comments on a Facebook status)

Yes

Yes

Luongo

No I don't want him to go but one of them has to

Toronto even though that really doesn't make a lot of sense (there's a boat load of rumors so it's hard to ignore the fact he's probably going there)

And yes he has asked for a trade. I'd be surprised if he didn't give the way the pricks of this market have treated him basically since his arrival. Other players see this and it deters them from wanting to come to Vancouver. People think we can actually land Weber, or other big name FA's like that? LOL. Why would anyone like that want to come here with a similar status to that of Luongo only to be criticized just about every game regardless if you played well or not. Then you have the crybabies that whine about players social lives when they do such things as party, go hunting, or attend abortion rallies.

I certainly hope the one that is named Roberto Luongo is.

I would also except Luongo being loaned to an international team; being bought out; being told to stay home; forced to retire; poked with a stick; poked with a pole; poked with um. . . a contract of termination?

General consensus here is pretty disappointing.

Guys, trading Luongo away will be the biggest mistake in franchise history and will spell another dark era in the Canucks history. Mark my words - Luongo gives our team the best chance to have success in the playoffs, and without him we won't be winning a cup for at least another 3 to 5 seasons until Schneider has grown and gained the invaluable playoff experience that Luongo has acquired through all the ups and downs he's been through.

I feel trading Luongo will be one of those moments the Canucks fans and franchise looks back on as a turning point where everything started spiralling down, and you can quote me on it.

General consensus here is pretty disappointing.

Guys, trading Luongo away will be the biggest mistake in franchise history and will spell another dark era in the Canucks history. Mark my words - Luongo gives our team the best chance to have success in the playoffs, and without him we won't be winning a cup for at least another 3 to 5 seasons until Schneider has grown and gained the invaluable playoff experience that Luongo has acquired through all the ups and downs he's been through.

I feel trading Luongo will be one of those moments the Canucks fans and franchise looks back on as a turning point where everything started spiralling down, and you can quote me on it.

Canucks are hearing offers for both goalies. One would have to think the offers are a whole lot better for Schnieds.

We are looking to get cap relief from Lu, but no team is going to give us zero salary back. And even with cap relief, the free agency is very weak this year and if the top players get signed cap relief is pointless. That is when you need to make a deal via trade to improve.

We can keep Schnieder, but if we don't improve on offense and defense by getting at least one big name player, our team will be the same as this past season with the same issues on goal scoring, pp, and defense.

Canucks are hearing offers for both goalies. One would have to think the offers are a whole lot better for Schnieds.

We are looking to get cap relief from Lu, but no team is going to give us zero salary back. And even with cap relief, the free agency is very weak this year and if the top players get signed cap relief is pointless. That is when you need to make a deal via trade to improve.

We can keep Schnieder, but if we don't improve on offense and defense by getting at least one big name player, our team will be the same as this past season with the same issues on goal scoring, pp, and defense.

Archived