The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Jason Garrison

The deal was done at 9 am.

Gillis and Garrison decided to wait to announce, made up a rumour about 6.5 and floated it out there.

They sat at the pool, cracked a couple of Lucky lagers, turned on the laptop, and tracked the whims of CDC.

After hours of laughing their asses off, they concluded that this was a good initiation for Garrison to the fanbase in Vancouver.

Welcome to the Canucks Jason.

Honestly this isn't too huge of a contract. The cap just went up 6 mil to 70 mil. And with the impending Lu trade it's pretty much a wash swapping their cap hits. And even if we keep Lu til the deadline we've go plenty of options this season. I'm looking forward to the d pairs

Bieksa hamhuis

Edler garrison

Ballard tanev/ alberts

You have to realize this board is full of high-schoolers who don't know much about anything yet. that's why you gotta treat this board not as a real discussion, but just skim it for the news items. Otherwise you will waste your time driving yourself insane.

A little bit bigger of a contract than I would have liked to give Garrison but I guess that's the market now. I have no doubts about what he can do for the Canucks on the blueline, though. Don't expect him to score 16 goals again, as that screams "fluke year", but he will be a stalwart defensively, which is really more what the Canucks are looking for. The offense is a bonus.

Assuming Edler gets a multi-year extension, the D core looks to be set for a long time:

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Tanev

I have to concur, I read some of the insanity posted in these threads and I try for my part to bring something of worth to the discussion in the vain hope that some of it rubs off and has a trickle effect. For what it's worth though, my money is on the Canucks winning a Stanley Cup before this forum returns to sanity.

Archived