The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Agreed "In Principle"

Slegr

I found the timing of Mike Gillis' announcement about reaching an agreement in principle with Cory Schneider quite curious. It seemed to put a stop to a tidal wave of speculation and interest about Schneider going to other teams, and put the focus squarely on Roberto Luongo.

But I wonder, has Cory Schneider actually signed anything yet? Is this still just an agreement 'in principle'? Is Schneider still a (restricted) free agent that could be given an offer sheet from another team?

I found the timing of Mike Gillis' announcement about reaching an agreement in principle with Cory Schneider quite curious. It seemed to put a stop to a tidal wave of speculation and interest about Schneider going to other teams, and put the focus squarely on Roberto Luongo.

But I wonder, has Cory Schneider actually signed anything yet? Is this still just an agreement 'in principle'? Is Schneider still a (restricted) free agent that could be given an offer sheet from another team?

He signed it and is off the market, and is still officially a Canuck. Looking forward to seeing him between the pipes this year, even though it is sad to see the best goalie the franchise has ever seen go. But I am confident in his abilities, and he seems confident too.

Archived