The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(rambling) Canucks Centremen, manny, lappy, betts?

Jay86

Lapierre should get that spot and Schroeder should get 4th line with Kassian on his wing, I think they would work great together.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Doan

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Malholtra-Schroeder-Kassian

Malholtra could take important faceoffs, that line would be defensively responsible, physical, and able to score.

Look, I'm not trying to dump on Hecht, and he may be a good pick up, but I have memories of Boston thumping the crap out of us with no tangible response, and I have memories of Doughty's hit on Daniel that brought no tangible response, and I have memories of Browns hit on Hank that brought no tangible response, and I once again felt like LA steamrolled us. Now, in fairness, we were not the only team they steamrolled, but I for one do not care so much if we win another Presidents Trophy. Got two, been there, done that. Now, onwards and upwards.

Notice Gillis's emphasis in the trades, signings and drafts on size? Kassian, Garrison, Gaunce, Mallett, Hutton, Myron, Beattie?

I like the scoring touch, but we need some bodies with a mindset to respond to the issues we have been facing in the playoffs. I am just not sure Goc fits that.

In anyone of the above situations, how is Goc going to respond any different than Burrows, Booth, Raymond, Hansen, Malholtra, etc?

Hank, Kesler, Schroeder, Lapierre, Malhotra, / Ebbett, Gaunce, Mallet

I like the depth, particularly with the additions of this year's 1st and 2nd round picks...

I think Schroeder will be every bit as successful, if not more, than Hodgson was.

I also think adding a young center in a deal with Florida would give the Canucks lots of options...I liked Bjugstad, but after drafting Gaunce and hearing Bjugstad is headed back to University, I think I'd like to see the Canucks add Matthias (6'4", 225lbs and 25 years old) - he's a big, young NHL ready center with a two- way game - had 10 goals and 24 points last year playing a dozen minutes a game, and on a very low scoring team... he and Petrovic (as a blueline prospect) would be nice.

I'd be okay with Gillis picking up Arnott on a one year deal, for something around what he got last season ($2.875). He could play 2C until Kesler is back and in form, and then drop to the wing or 3C.

Of course, a lot of this depends upon whether Gillis has any cap space left (assuming the Canucks do manage to sign Doan and/or what assets come back in the assumed goalie trade).

I think Arnott would be an exceptional pick up. Big bodied, tough to play against. I think he could still score 20 goals as an interm second liner/third line centre. Stanley Cup winner with Devils.                                                             regards,

G.

Lapierre should get that spot and Schroeder should get 4th line with Kassian on his wing, I think they would work great together.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Doan

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Malholtra-Schroeder-Kassian

Malholtra could take important faceoffs, that line would be defensively responsible, physical, and able to score.

1st off were not talking about Goc, were talking about Hecht. I know their both German but c'mon lol.

2nd, how many 3rd line center around the NHL are going to do what you just asked of ours? And you had better be a HUGE supporter of the Hodgson/Kassian deal if your going to say things like that.

There's not many 3rd line centers around capable of being a physical force like what your asking for, and we saw what Gaustad went for a the deadline and how much $$$ he got. Those types of guys dont grow on trees and they cost alot to aquire.

The types of things your asking for are aquired over time and thru the draft. Your not going to change the make up of your team in a couple years without blowing it up and losing alot of what makes us so good. I want us to be bigger and tougher as much or more than anyone. But not every player you bring in is going to do that. And like you clearly showed Gillis is going in that direction, but just because a player doesnt fit that mold doesnt mean you write him off if hes a good fit in terms of a hole on the roster.

We also don't know what were getting back in a trade this summer, and I would think Gillis is going to being back a center in any trade he makes.

Archived