The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

14 People Shot Dead at Dark Knight Rises Theatre in Denver

Dellins

I never understood the 'pleading insanity' case. Of course he's insane, arming yourself to the teeth, padding yourself up in bullet proof armor, launching tear gas into a crowd and murdering as many people as you can isn't a 'sane' act.

People act like animals, therefor they should be treated like animals.

Locking his ass in prison, keeping him alive, doesn't make any logical sense.

"Hey, you killed at least 12 innocent people for no apparent reason, some of them being babies, but that's okay. We'll give you free food, shelter, social activities, etc. for the rest of your life."

Really? Really? REALLY?

I cant believe some of you are going to try to politicize this.

Narcissism rears its ugly head.

Lets stay with the actual event and leave the spin out of it . This is a terrible day for everyone and our thoughts should be with the victims

My thoughts are with the victims.

If the US government had the stones to stand up to the NRA and ban assault weapons, there likely would have been a lot fewer of them....

And I don't see how deploring the lack of control of something designed purely for the killing of human beings could be construed as narcissistic.

James Holmes, the 24 year old suspect, was a PHD candidate at the University of Colorado. To be a PHD candidate in neuroscience you need to be a pretty smart guy.

The defense is going to have a tough time proving insanity but I suppose being smart does not preclude you from being a nutcase.

The US has the the 2nd amendment that says there is a right to bear arms. So unless there is a constitution amendent, guns will never be banned.

CNN says the suspect had 4 guns, an A-15 semi-assault rifle, Remington Shotgun, and a 2Glock hand guns. If asssault rifles were banned, there would be still shot guns and hand guns available.

There are estimated more than than 300 MILLION guns in the US. The horse is out of the gate. How will gun control stop these killings? With so many guns out there?

These are no gun deaths in China. Because gun ownership is illegal in China. There are no gun shops in China.

So should guns be banned and existing guns confiscated? That is the only way such shootings can be prevented. But then we have the 2nd amendment to deal with.

Like others have said, I hope they get the death penalty. For those who say "we drop as low as them, by doing the same thing", it's not the same since they aren't innocent. Its a matter of making sure this doesn't happen again, and the only way to make sure of that is to execute them.

We need to remove people like this from the world, so that it stops happening.

I know. Gun lobbyists always trot this out to support their right to bear arms. What they almost ALWAYS fail to mention is that the 2nd amendment was made at a time when the US had just claimed independence from Britain. It was important THEN to have the population armed as they were a fledgling country and feared British reprisal.

When the general population was granted the right to bear arms, arms meant pistols and muskets. Not semi automatic weapons.

When the ban on assault weapons expired in 2004 I recall seeing Senator Bill Frist interviewed on tv. He reasoned that letting the ban expire was the right thing to do because it wasn't very effective in that people still got their hands on them.

What kind of bloody stupid logic is that? We have a ban against murder as well, but people still get murdered. Should we undo the laws against murder?

Got to love it when your politicians are bought and paid for.

For those who say "we drop as low as them, by doing the same thing", it's not the same since they aren't innocent. Its a matter of making sure this doesn't happen again, and the only way to make sure of that is to execute them.

We need to remove people like this from the world, so that it stops happening.

Archived