The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Raymond to Pittsburgh

IF Raymond does rebound (go Mason!) of course he deserves to be kept; however, if he's not showing that he's fighting to get back a scoring spot (his role should be in the Top 6, ultimately) I'd try to swap him with a pick for T.J. Galiardi from SJ (to provide more Top 6 upside), an undeveloped Nick Spaling in Nashville (with at least two of their 3 (Bela)Russians going they could use some scoring potential), or an underachieving Josh Bailey in Florida (they may want to bring in Strome and push Nielsen down to the 3rd, perhaps? Plus they have underachieving wingers themselves, in Nino if he busts, and who knows how Ullstrom/ Boyes/ Joensuu and even Okposo do? If Raymond rebounds he could really help and be a useful chip to acquire help in center depth.)

While he's gritty, Kennedy is undersized.

The Pens had three elite Cs all better than Kennedy

Crosby - Malkin - Staal

When one of them was injured kennedy played C and he played C in jr as well so yes I do watch games thank u

edit: also listed as C on hockey reference and hockeydb

I think Pitsburgh could be a good fit for Raymond but I don't think Tyler Kennedy is quite what we need. If Raymond were to be dealt, I think a deal with Toronto would provide a better return.

Mayson Raymond for Joe Colborne with additions to square up the deal.

Raymond would fit well with Lupul and Kessel and we get a big C/LW to compliment our bottom six.

Archived