The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Gillis Co-Hosting Team 1040 from 11-1

arsenalian

How did do all he could? He didn't put out and offer sheet did he? So he didn't all he had the power to do. To say Nashville would automatically match is backing out...what if they didn't? He have arguably the best D-Man in the league on his team and poised to challege for the cup. It's like saying your not going to ask out Minka Kelly because you know she'll say no? What if by chance she said yes?

You want facts? Here are the "Facts"

Salo is at present 37 years old and has almost every conceivable injury a player could likely receive in his career, you have to wonder how much tread was left on the tires. At the two year term he wanted there was too much risk for a team such as the Canucks who are always spending to cap, not to mention Salo's point production while hasn't been on decline has at least been hampered by the fact he only plays 73% (roughly) on average of every season.

Here is a handy illustration to prove my point:

salos-body.png

Garrison is at present 27 years old, 10 years younger and just had a break out season. It's been proven that defencemen always take longer to mature into impact players and he is just hitting his stride, not to mention his offensive production is trending upwards. I am perfectly happy with Garrison @ 4.6 x 6 if he can level off point production in the low 40's, and provides the physical two way play he is known for and has a more consistent presence on the roster.

If Gillis offers something even close to what Philly offered, Weber signs it and could potentially be a Canuck in 3 days.

What makes you assume Philly was his first choice? He went there because they offered him the most money. Sure Nashville might match, but there's also a chance they don't

I just don't like how he has to publicly explain himself like this. Like when he threw Hodgson under the bus at the end of the season. Some things just don't need to be said.

You want facts? Here are the "Facts"

Salo is at present 37 years old and has almost every conceivable injury a player could likely receive in his career, you have to wonder how much tread was left on the tires. At the two year term he wanted there was too much risk for a team such as the Canucks who are always spending to cap, not to mention Salo's point production while hasn't been on decline has at least been hampered by the fact he only plays 73% (roughly) on average of every season.

Here is a handy illustration to prove my point:

salos-body.png

Garrison is at present 27 years old, 10 years younger and just had a break out season. It's been proven that defencemen always take longer to mature into impact players and he is just hitting his stride, not to mention his offensive production is trending upwards. I am perfectly happy with Garrison @ 4.6 x 6 if he can level off point production in the low 40's, and provides the physical two way play he is known for and has a more consistent presence on the roster.

ya i love how gillis is still under the illusion that luongo will play here... Gillis is full of it.... we all know dam well that luongo basically told everyone that he wanted to be traded and who the hell would want a goalie here that doesn't want to be here.... just a little political response from gillis... I really don't like him.

I should note that I'm not claiming ownership of that image, it was left unaltered from the original source. It was found using google image search, I had seen it in a previous post though quite a while ago.

Archived