The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

All Terrorists are Muslim... Except the 94% that aren't

Super19

No worries Heretic, defend yourself if you must. You're still a Christian if you say you're a Christian - at least to me anyway. And true, God is the one who will judge anyway.

Drybone does have some points though that even I should take into consideration. Spending time on increasing knowledge in your religion is very very important and is definitely a pre-requisite needed before you start giving your opinion of it to others. I know I make this mistake time after time, including in this thread.

This inst espousing the joys of being an Atheist. Tell me how great it is to be an Atheist without mentioning religion or deism in the slightest. Dont worry. I will answer your questions when you do.

Since they are spiritual in nature, they cannot be intellectually manufactured so I dont know of what value they will be to a 'humanist' .

I have no idea how long it takes to become an 'Atheist' .I would consider denying there is a God until we knew everything unsound.

I do know it takes years to become a doctor or anything we apply ourselves to. So it stands to reason you cant just 'become a christian' . You will need to practice it like everything else in life.

hope this helps :)

I think you have come in during the conversation and I owe you an apology. I am not coming out of the blue to just tear a strip off the guy. I have kept my peace for a long time and accepted him at his word . However, so many things are in contradiction to his claim of being a Christian that it was the 'final straw that broke the camels back'

Faith without works is dead and we cant even get to that stage if we havent even read the 4 gospels, let alone follow and improve his spiritual faith.

He can claim to be a christian all he wants but it doesnt make him so.

My apology to him is that you are right. God will judge.

I just dont want others thinking he stands for all Christians or represents how Christians think. He does not.

Thats a long long story if you want to hear it.

Its not about 'working hard' its about dedicating oneself to it. Its a faith that rejects ceremony . Rejects dogma. Rejects judgement . Rejects things that end up meaning nothing. Like money or fame .

Its quite awesome , but it has been corrupted by many over the last 2000 years. I reject that .

That does not make you an Atheist. It means you are Agnostic. Agnostics are normal folks like you and I who have no proof there is a God and could care less either way.

Atheists state there is no God for a FACT . In my experience its a negative and its a dig at people who do believe. That requires a totally different mindset. That requires you point the finger at people who do believe which isnt fair to do.

I am 100% an Athiest, you clearly don't know what 'Athiesm' means. Perhaps your experience with people that you think are taking 'a dig' at religion are actually taking a dig at you personally, as you never listen and boastfully proclaim your ignorance ad nauseam.

I am 100% an Athiest, you clearly don't know what 'Athiesm' means. Perhaps your experience with people that you think are taking 'a dig' at religion are actually taking a dig at you personally, as you never listen and boastfully proclaim your ignorance ad nauseam.

This has been pointed out to him time and time again, the definitions given repeatedly, yet he willfully and blatantly refuses to acknowledge that he is in the wrong.

And as for your second sentence of your comment....couldn't agree more.

And this.....

is a typical response. Hypocritical to the max from someone who likes to dish out names like "drug infested tool", "addict" and "drunk" to those who pin his arguments to the wall and he has nowhere to go with the topic so veers off into personal attacks. Personal attacks obviously don't mean anything to him because he is ever so keen to dish them out.

Thank you for admitting this. It is the fact. Read the 4 gospels before you claim to be a Christian. You really cant be one until you learn what the guy said. By your very own admission you have not.

You enjoy debating others on here the intellectual merits of religion. Christians do not believe in Religion. If you read the 4 gospels you will see what Jesus says about the organized religion of his day.

In fact, Jesus points the finger at religion much like many of the Atheists on here do. If you read the gospels you would know this.

This isnt my issue. Its stating believing in GOD sucks. Thats not fair to deists or anyone of faith.

Putting the church down doesnt matter to me in the slightest. Its a bunch of bricks to me.

Good luck to you.

Archived