The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

5 Players your are excited to see play next season

Peaches

Why only 5 players? Honestly, I'm excited to see them all play.

I will be especially interested in seeing how Booth and Kesler play together after having had a summer to work on their chemistry (as much as they can during Kes's rehab, obviously). And of course I'll be interested in seeing what Garrison brings to the team and how the whole goalie situation shakes out. (I mean, if Luo is still here, I wouldn't assume Schneider gets the automatic starter spot but would expect it to turn into a ongoing competition between the two which will hopefully only benefit the team. If Luo is gone, how will Schneider handle the new level of pressure?) And who doesn't enjoy watching the Sedins just because they're awesome? And I always look forward to watching Lapierre because he so often makes me laugh. And.....well, you get the point.

Seriously, how freaking long is this summer?!

Luongo will kick butt-Gillis' butt.

Ballard will kick butt-any opposition that come for him or his mates.

Pinozzotto kicks butt,but can he play a third line NHL winger with conviction?

Kassian can kick butt,but where will he be kicking it?

Kesler-will he be able to kick butt again?

1.Kassian...Even though he had a mediocre debut last season,I am anticipating a fresh start for Zack.

2.Schroeder..MacT had great things to say about Schroeder,.could he be the biggest surprise at training camp?

3.Booth..Was starting to play lights out before the knee injury last season

4.Kesler..Will he, or wont he..?..That is the question...He has the ability to dominate a game by himself.

5.Garrison..I havent really seen him play..inteested to see what impact he makes..

- count as one : all the prospects at training camp and preseason to see if any of them will break through and make the team

- Kesler : anxious to see how how healthy he will be after surgery and how early they will have him play

- Booth : was not impressed with him last year and hope he does impress me this year

- Garrisson : just curious to see how he will gel with our team

- Kassian : really hopes he makes the team and can't wait to see what the summer break did to him

- Pinnizzotto : still curious what this guy is all about

Go Canucks Go

on other teams:

- Sami Salo (too bad he had to leave)

- Roberto Luongo (IF he is traded :) )

- Edmonton youngsters

- Parise & Suter on the Wild's team

edit : forgot to mention Mason Raymond .... i think it is do or die for him with the Canucks this season

my 5 are

1. Mason Raymond. I want to see how he responds this up comming season. If he can put 2 disapointing seasons behind him and regain his 20-25 goal form.

If things turn out good for us this off-season I doubt he can score 20 from the 4th line but maybe on a different team he could.

2. David Booth. I want to see what a full training camp anf a healthy season does for him. And if he can put "Beargate" behind him.

A full year with the team, and training camp will do him wonders I think. I look for big things from the Boother.

3. Ryan Kesler. If he can rebound from a disapointing season and regain a 35-40 goal form. And to see if the organization makes the same mistake they made last year letting him decide. You know he'll play hurt if you let him.

Can AV find the balls to sit Kes, unfortunately I doubt it. I am very worried about this aspect.

4. Garrison. I want to see if he'll be able to fill the void left by Salo. Not just offensively but defensively. Salo was underrated defensively in my opinion.

Garrison is supposed to be a real good tough shutdown defender. One of the best in league the last couple years defensively. While Salo was incredibly smart defensively his age was definitely causing probelms. While Salo will be hard to best defensively I think we will all see what the advantage to having a younger player will be.

Archived