The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

where do you think the canucks are going

TACIC

Thoughts on Canucks for this year  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Canucks are going for the cup this year. Our team is going to look diffirent by training camp.We have really good chance of getting Doan and may be Arnott.Also should get at least one roster player in Luongo trade.We shuld be able to finish as high as second.Jensen is the prospect i m excited about.

I'd be disappointed with anything less than a Conference Finals appearance.

Win the division, regardless of the other teams 'improving' on paper...so top 3 in the conference.

This team really needs a young player with promise in the lineup. It seems like all the other teams do. So hopefully one of Jensen, Schroeder or Gaunce makes the team, plays all the games and has a decent season (35-40 points). It's really just wishful thinking though given the track record.

A 3rd Presidents Trophy in 3 straight years? Unlikely, but we shall see.

The Cup? I wish! But, nothing has been solved yet on the forward lines. Based on what we have right now, I predict we will go no further than the Western Conference finals at best.

My opinion is, relying on the resurgence of a fully fit and focussed Kesler and Booth amounts to barking up the wrong tree. The Sedin's have developed character, and a willingness to go to the corners and tough it out with the best, to score goals. Outside of that, our forward lines are almost devoid of toughness, or any ability to score hard and fast, all of which are necessary to beat the more focussed and physical teams that will make it deep into the playoffs.

If the Canucks do get Doan or Arnott, the chances of Cup success are likely dramatically increased. But, will MG be prepared to pay over the odds for either of these guys? I suspect both will probably end up in the Eastern Conference.

MG will probably have some other contingencies in mind. But, is he prepared to pay the price? We shall see.

I say cup. We're healthier and even more rested than last year. Garrison's presence will be vital, as he'll be getting shots through from the right side like Ehrhoff did. I'm excited to see how he does and I truly believe he'll make an impact this season and going forward!

I said we'll finish 3rd because I believe we should have no problem reclaiming the NW division title again.

Zack Kassian is the prospect I'm most excited for. I think it's likely that he'll play some top 6 minutes, maybe even with the Sedins. I also would of chosen Jensen but I think he'll end up playing in the Swedish Elite League.

Impossible to predict the cup winner now, a LOT could happen between now and Game 1 of the playoffs, especially with our goalie situation and injuries.

To win the Cup we'll need to get hot at the right time and play our best hockey after the ASG break, just like what L.A and Boston did. This is why I'm happy for the Canucks to slump during October and catch fire around the New Year, but with a new starting goaltender this is likely to be reversed.

Cup - we have a really good team this year, and really have what it takes.

2nd place - asking for 3 straight Presidents Trophies is just crazy. I still think we can be 2nd, and at worst top 4 (in the league)

Jensen - I think he's our top prospect. Surprised he's not on here to be honest.

Impossible to predict the cup winner now, a LOT could happen between now and Game 1 of the playoffs, especially with our goalie situation and injuries.

To win the Cup we'll need to get hot at the right time and play our best hockey after the ASG break, just like what L.A and Boston did. This is why I'm happy for the Canucks to slump during October and catch fire around the New Year, but with a new starting goaltender this is likely to be reversed.

Archived