The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Huselius

Am I the only one who is interested in signing Kritian Huselius if we can't get Doan to play here.

Many players who is in a bit of a slump often find their way back to good form and often turns into key pieces in our organisation eg. Higgins. And i assume Huselius market value has decreased and i think we could sign him for 2-2.3 mil for 1 year.

He has great hand, quite okay shot and id able to set up plays. And i think that would improve our secondary scoring and our 2nd pp-unit would be a bigger threat.

Thoughts?

Am I the only one who is interested in signing Kritian Huselius if we can't get Doan to play here.

Many players who is in a bit of a slump often find their way back to good form and often turns into key pieces in our organisation eg. Higgins. And i assume Huselius market value has decreased and i think we could sign him for 2-2.3 mil for 1 year.

He has great hand, quite okay shot and id able to set up plays. And i think that would improve our secondary scoring and our 2nd pp-unit would be a bigger threat.

Thoughts?

Give up what for him then? This guy goes against what Gillis said is trying to do which is getting bigger and stronger. Huselius is anything but. He's not even physical; in terms of hits he's softer than the Sedins if you can imagine that. Factor that in, the fact he's played 41 games in the last two years and he's not much of a playoff performer with one goal in his last 17 games. Teams like LA and Boston would have destroyed him physically.

.. Where is the appeal? I'm not trying to be pessimistic but your proposal is based on what he has done, not what he can do now

Yes, i know Huselius would be a "risky" signing and i should mention that i totally forgot about "bigger and stronger", just looked att the remaining free agents and just wanted to see what you guys thought. As i mentioned, i like his skill set and play making ability, which I and many more think is a very needed ingredient in our 2nd-line.

But making risky moves might just not be the most smart thing as the sedins wont be here for many more years so our window might be closing quite soon. So risky moves might not be the right thing at the moment.

Archived