The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Disappointing game. I really thought the lions would win this one. Ravens get it done with 6 field goals. Jesus. Stafford was throwing over everyones heads all night. A little too tightly wound for such an important game? 2 of the 3 Ints were overthrows.

Looks like Schwartzs job is on the line if the lions dont pull out a mini miracle and make the post season. They were 6-3. Now 7-7. Things have gotten ugly in a hurry in Detroit.

P.S. I still dont like Flacco.

With the 3rd and short pick, what made it an even worse play call is it was in 4 down territory. I think Stafford should stay around; you can't teach that arm strength. All he needs is a strong voice on the sidelines to help him grow out of the bad decisions. However, I do think it's easier to teach an Alex Smith type to trust Megatron more than it is to teach Stafford to teach his receivers less. Will be interesting for Lions fans if there is a coaching change made.

Amazing win! It pisses me off that no one talks about the ravens. I mean this is the defending champs!! When it matters the ravens win. Flacco played solid despite not throwing a td. Tucker is clutch! Time to make some noise in the playoffs again!

Yea, they're getting hot at the right time and are flying under the radar. Any news on Flacco? Seems like that helmet hit did some damage and he was playing despite hurting.

...Pats vs Ravens gonna be a hella of match. I predict the Ravens win...Suggs and that D always give Brady and Co a struggle and O-line always seems to collapse against them. Hope I'm wrong and Pats can pull one out...

tumblr_ly0r66YA5Q1qclcbeo1_500.jpg

So I am not sure what to do here;

I am in the championship game in a pool with my buddies and I got there despite the play of Matt Ryan.

Atlanta plays in San Francisco on Monday night. If I am down something like 15 points going in, do I trust Matt Ryan to get it done?

My other options are Jason Campbell vs Jets or Ryan Fitzpatrick vs Jaguars

I am leaning torwards Fitzpatrick, even though the Titans struggle against the AFC south, I just can't see them losing again to the Jags and if they are going to win it is going to be through the air.

Thoughts???

I am in the championship game in a pool with my buddies and I got there despite the play of Matt Ryan.

Atlanta plays in San Francisco on Monday night. If I am down something like 15 points going in, do I trust Matt Ryan to get it done?

I am leaning torwards Fitzpatrick, even though the Titans struggle against the AFC south, I just can't see them losing again to the Jags and if they are going to win it is going to be through the air.

Thoughts???

I'm not much of a fantasy player, but I'd definitely go with Fitzpatrick on this one.

Thoughts???

Do not go Ryan at all. Campbell might would be high risk high reward. Does Gordon have more magic in him? What about their stud TE? Campbell is the "sleeper". You can almost count on Fitzpatrick to throw at least 2 TDs

Yea, they're getting hot at the right time and are flying under the radar. Any news on Flacco? Seems like that helmet hit did some damage and he was playing despite hurting.

...Pats vs Ravens gonna be a hella of match. I predict the Ravens win...Suggs and that D always give Brady and Co a struggle and O-line always seems to collapse against them. Hope I'm wrong and Pats can pull one out...

tumblr_ly0r66YA5Q1qclcbeo1_500.jpg

Pretty sure Flacco is going to be fine. He said he felt 100% on that last drive. Pats seem lost right now. Gronk was a huge loss and with Dobson and Thompkins banged up I believe the Ravens will pull out a win. Also don't know if it's a rumor or what but Bradys got some injuries he's playing through apparently. Should be a good game!

Pretty sure Flacco is going to be fine. He said he felt 100% on that last drive. Pats seem lost right now. Gronk was a huge loss and with Dobson and Thompkins banged up I believe the Ravens will pull out a win. Also don't know if it's a rumor or what but Bradys got some injuries he's playing through apparently. Should be a good game!

Dobson and Thompkins both had minor nagging injuries and if I had to put money on it, I'd say they were held out of the game because the Pats felt they could've won without them (and they almost did). They should both suit up vs Baltimore which will be a relief seeing as how Edelmen and Amendola will be demanding a little extra attention. As for Brady, it's the hand thing people have been talking about since October. I don't believe it's anything serious. His hand doesn't even look swollen anymore.

My prediction is that Vereen is the X factor between a win or loss vs Baltimore. Miami had a good game plan to shut him down. If he can catch 8-12 balls on Sunday, I see the Patriots squeaking out a win. If he is shut down again, I don't see the Patriots scoring more than 17 points.

Well that's good news for him and the Ravens. And yea, it's pretty ugly with the Pats right now...banged up at the wrong time and heading into the playoffs soon, that isn't good. Haven't heard but I'm sure Brady is healthy...Flacco being healthy is just another weapon for Baltimore...Pats run D had been horrible practically all year long with Vince and Kelly (his replacement) out for the year and Rice will chew up yards I'm guessing. Then, when the Pats don't expect it, a deep ball by Flacco for a TD while the pats are caught off-guard...tell you honestly, I'm real nervous about this one from a pats perspective...I'd put my money on the Ravens.

Not a must win but if we win and Cowboys lose then we win the NFC east. if we both lose/ we lose they win it all comes down to the last game which is a must win.

So basically then the only way next week's game is a must win for the Eagles is if the Cowboys lose and they have a chance to clinch at home.

Regardless what happens with Dallas this week even if Washington plays out of their mind like it is their SuperBowl I still would like the Eagles to beat the Bears and play good on a big stage so that way if it comes down to the last week they can go into Big D with some confidence.

Dobson and Thompkins both had minor nagging injuries and if I had to put money on it, I'd say they were held out of the game because the Pats felt they could've won without them (and they almost did). They should both suit up vs Baltimore which will be a relief seeing as how Edelmen and Amendola will be demanding a little extra attention. As for Brady, it's the hand thing people have been talking about since October. I don't believe it's anything serious. His hand doesn't even look swollen anymore.

My prediction is that Vereen is the X factor between a win or loss vs Baltimore. Miami had a good game plan to shut him down. If he can catch 8-12 balls on Sunday, I see the Patriots squeaking out a win. If he is shut down again, I don't see the Patriots scoring more than 17 points.

Vereen screwed me big time and cost me in 1 of my pools for a chance at the championship. He had a huge game last week and I figured he would be the Pats #1rb going forward but boy was I wrong.

Those rb comitees really suck fantasy wise. No way I trust Vereen for the final week of fantasy.

Well that's good news for him and the Ravens. And yea, it's pretty ugly with the Pats right now...banged up at the wrong time and heading into the playoffs soon, that isn't good. Haven't heard but I'm sure Brady is healthy...Flacco being healthy is just another weapon for Baltimore...Pats run D had been horrible practically all year long with Vince and Kelly (his replacement) out for the year and Rice will chew up yards I'm guessing. Then, when the Pats don't expect it, a deep ball by Flacco for a TD while the pats are caught off-guard...tell you honestly, I'm real nervous about this one from a pats perspective...I'd put my money on the Ravens.

Not to mention Jerod Mayo out too. Two big bodies and two starters gone since basically Week 6 has been ruining our run defence. Granted, it's done fine up until that game against Denver. I do feel that our D has been pretty horrific ever since that Denver game. We're giving up more yardage and more points than ever

Not to mention Jerod Mayo out too. Two big bodies and two starters gone since basically Week 6 has been ruining our run defence. Granted, it's done fine up until that game against Denver. I do feel that our D has been pretty horrific ever since that Denver game. We're giving up more yardage and more points than ever

I felt they tightened up a bit vs Miami. You have to look at the sport psychology aspect of this too. Gronk comes back, defense goes to sh*t. Coincidence? The defense knew the offense could bail them out, they took more risks by jumping routes, blitzing the wrong gaps..etc. First game without Gronk and the defense played marginally better. Remember, weeks 1-7 the defense was pretty great, top 10 in the league.

Personally, I hope they put extra emphasis on stopping the run in practice this week. They haven't faced an "elite" (LOL, Flacco) RB in a while. No one considered Moreno, McGahee, Miller/Thomas to be elite threats. The only one in the pack of games lately was Arian Foster. With Ray Rice coming up, these DT's better be putting in 110%.

Vereen screwed me big time and cost me in 1 of my pools for a chance at the championship. He had a huge game last week and I figured he would be the Pats #1rb going forward but boy was I wrong.

Those rb comitees really suck fantasy wise. No way I trust Vereen for the final week of fantasy.

I benched Blount expecting Ridley to take over again since he played last week, and the first 5 plays of the game go to Blount vs Miami. Luckily for me, still made it through. Yeah committee RB's a risk. If one of the three seperates himself from the pack, you got yourself a steal. But if they're all contributing equally, it becomes bad fantasy wise.

Sucks, I'm going to the Canucks game on Sunday which is a 5pm start, so I'll be heading downtown at 3:45. Pats game won't end till 4:30. I don't want to watch the first 2 and a half quarters then leave because I'll be tempted to keep checking my phone for updates. Will just have to watch after I get home.