The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Ok Buffalo can pull from Rochester, and even Cleveland and Detroit are a couple hours away driving time. Toronto pulls from a fairly large population mass as well if a couple hours drive is the radius. The difference in local population though is immense and thats where the bulk of ticket sales are. Especially seasons tickets. Also for TV market Toronto would be "Canadas team." Which is what the Blue Jays are when they are winning though its been a while.

When it comes to the Sabres and the Bills, the only places that Buffalo can draw any decent amount from is Rochester and Southern Ontario. Cleveland couldn't care less about hockey and they already have an NFL team and Detroit already has all 4 main NA sports in-town.

Toronto pretty much pulls in most of the eastern part of Canada for the Leafs. NFL Football on the other hand would be a different story. I would be surprised if Toronto supported a losing football team to the tune of 65-75k people per game, especially since the ticket prices would be insane. It would be like placing a hockey team in the desert. Oh wait....

Ok. Im not allowed to post on NFL.com anymore. Its a conspiracy I tells ya.

Anyhow I cant say it there so Ill say it here:

Whats with all this "OMG 49er were so awesome on Sunday they are the best" when all they did was intercept 3 balls thrown right to them. 2 in the end zone. Any decent QB would have converted those 2 and the outcome would have been a 49ers loss. The 49ers didnt win that game. Romo gave it away.

OK,Im done now. Back to your fantasy wizard stuff.

Have you not heard? Buffalo is a dump or should I say not very aesthetically pleasing much like Detroit. Bills players regularly drive up to Toronto for shopping and entertainment. Last I heard Buffalo wasn't doing too great economically either.

Toronto is a much more bigger city with a cosmopolitan city and a large and diverse population and ti would be a landmark move for the NFL if it ever became serious about international expansion with an actual franchise instead of just playing exhibition games outside the United States.

Of course an NFL team in Toronto would severely damage the CFL though.

I've been to Buffalo and seen what it's like. But aside from their location and the other factors, Buffalo's got an abundance of history attached to their franchise which makes it hard to move the team in the first place.

I've been to Buffalo and seen what it's like. But aside from their location and the other factors, Buffalo's got an abundance of history attached to their franchise which makes it hard to move the team in the first place.

But there's also the second largest city in the US that doesn't have an NFL team. Los Angeles. It looks like since the Bills aren't leaving, they look like they're trying to convince the Raiders or the Rams to move back. Which to me looks just outright stupid.

The Raiders start in Oakland, move to LA, then back to Oakland then back to LA? The Rams started out in Cleveland. Moved to LA, then to St. Louis, and now might move back?

Forgot The League was starting that early in September (started last Wednesday) so I watched the season premiere and last night's episodes back to back last night.

Loved the season opener. Cameos by JJ Watt, Cameron Jordan, Jordan Cameron, and 4 or 5 rookies who were 1st round picks this past season I believe.

Loved Tacos picks :lol:

• Upvote 1

But there's also the second largest city in the US that doesn't have an NFL team. Los Angeles. It looks like since the Bills aren't leaving, they look like they're trying to convince the Raiders or the Rams to move back. Which to me looks just outright stupid.

The Raiders start in Oakland, move to LA, then back to Oakland then back to LA? The Rams started out in Cleveland. Moved to LA, then to St. Louis, and now might move back?

Oakland initially looked like the best target to move, but now that the new stadium issue is starting to move along it looks less likely that they will move back to LA. Right now, the Rams look like a juicy target. Failing to bring either one back to LA will almost force the NFL to expand and bring a new franchise into the city before the current TV contracts end in 2020. As always, the NFL is money hungry.

Forgot The League was starting that early in September (started last Wednesday) so I watched the season premiere and last night's episodes back to back last night.

Loved the season opener. Cameos by JJ Watt, Cameron Jordan, Jordan Cameron, and 4 or 5 rookies who were 1st round picks this past season I believe.

Loved Tacos picks :lol:

Oh what???

I know what I'm doing for the next 30 minutes.

Yes but not all big four leagues have teams in huge cities. There's no basketball team in Pittsburgh. Atlanta no longer has a hockey team (for reasons everyone know).

Within SoCal, there are already an abundance of NFL teams that can draw people from LA to make the 4 or 5 hour drive to see the 49ers, Chargers, or Raiders.

The NFL has survived without having an LA based team since 1995. I'm sure they'll be fine without having an LA based team for another few years.

Why not move Jacksonville?

Edited by Apple Juice

Oakland initially looked like the best target to move, but now that the new stadium issue is starting to move along it looks less likely that they will move back to LA. Right now, the Rams look like a juicy target. Failing to bring either one back to LA will almost force the NFL to expand and bring a new franchise into the city before the current TV contracts end in 2020. As always, the NFL is money hungry.

Oakland was better off in LA anyways.

Al Davis was long and away that franchise's biggest impediment to success. Now that he's gone, maybe the Raiders can actually be worth something and profit like hell in a move back to LA.

Edited by Mr. Ambien

Funny as usual, but he has no proof the NFL saw the other tape before issuing a suspension.

It makes little sense they'd try and pretend a tape that would inevitably be available to the public doesn't exist.

So what's logical is they make a ruling based on the information they did currently have, because if they flipped out like the media and sycophant population, who think people should be excessively and preemptively at that, they'd wind up getting all of Rice's suspension reversed in court.

Of course, this is why the NFL shouldn't be in the business of policing people's personal lives to begin with.

Let the police do their job.

Let the media do it's job of nonsensically (and perpetually) calling Janay Rice a victim (that's a good one!)..

Worry about your product on the field. The issue with Incognito directly related to the game and players on the same team, at the venues they'd play.

The Rice couple fighting with each other has nothing to do with football at all.

If anything, the NFL put itself in a hole by committing to act as backup police.

Edited by Mr. Ambien

Goodell has been trending on Twitter for days now. He's going to be walking on thin ice for a while now. He mishandled the whole thing up initially and it only got worse as time went on. Now that he's gotten caught lying about the whole thing, he should keep his head down and out of the way for now.

Edited by SabreFan1

Funny as usual, but he has no proof the NFL saw the other tape before issuing a suspension.

It makes little sense they'd try and pretend a tape that would inevitably be available to the public doesn't exist.

So what's logical is they make a ruling based on the information they did currently have, because if they flipped out like the media and sycophant population, who think people should be excessively and preemptively at that, they'd wind up getting all of Rice's suspension reversed in court.

Of course, this is why the NFL shouldn't be in the business of policing people's personal lives to begin with.

Let the police do their job.

Let the media do it's job of nonsensically (and perpetually) calling Janay Rice a victim (that's a good one!)..

Worry about your product on the field. The issue with Incognito directly related to the game and players on the same team, at the venues they'd play.

The Rice couple fighting with each other has nothing to do with football at all.

If anything, the NFL put itself in a hole by committing to act as backup police.

The NFL lied. I have little doubt about that. I would have agreed with a year long suspension, but I think virtually banning him from the game for life is a bit much.

Edited by SabreFan1

The NFL lied. I have little doubt about that. I would have agreed with a year long suspension, but I think virtually banning him from the game for life is a bit much.

I'm sure we disagree on this subject, but just to clarify, when they say "indefinite" suspension, it does not mean forever/lifetime.

I guarantee you the indefinite thing was a PR move so the NFL can sit down with their lawyers and the NFLPA and find out how long they can tangibly suspend him for without having to be in court/lose a court battle over it. Sports leagues in the US are bound to antitrust regulations akin to Eighth-amendment-like rules where they can't excessively punish someone. (see: Alex Rodriguez, NO Saints team)

You bet for the sake of PR and PR alone the league wants to suspend him at least a year or two. But because they already issued the ruling, and that Eighth-amendment-like thing is in place, I dunno if they can get away with punishing him again for the same thing.

This, of course, is the problem with the NFL trying to be backup cop in the first place.

Edited by Mr. Ambien