The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

7 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

Mike Evans is easily one of my favourite players.  Guy is a monster.

Actually asked for his jersey for Christmas despite being a Niners/Dolphins fan.

I actually didn't know this was just his third season. Tampa's gonna have an amazing young team in a couple years. 

NFL teams are starting to take notice of CFL guys with the success of Browner, Cam Wake, Jerell Freeman of the Bears.

Mostly defensive guys get a good shot. Delvin Breaux of the Saints is another.

Only CFL alum on the offensive side to make it and have a big impact is currently the San Diego Chargers #3 WR Dontrelle Inman he used to play for the Toronto Argos.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

I actually didn't know this was just his third season. Tampa's gonna have an amazing young team in a couple years. 

He is only 23!!!

He is a true #1 WR if you watch him he is the most physical wide receiver in the league even more than Dez. He pushed around Sherman like it was nothing. Even though Sherman is usually the one bullying guys with his 6 foot 3 frame.

The rest of the top guys are all veterans like Dez, Antonio, Julio, AJ, Alshon, T.Y., you name it.

• Upvote 2

On 12/6/2016 at 9:19 PM, Jägermeister said:

It was a clean hit.  Gronk himself said it was a clean hit.

I didn't say it wasn't a clean hit. I'm just saying Thomas got his lick in and it was all legal. Just that Thomas had a shot at putting a good hit on Gronk and he did while all legal

59 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

NFL teams are starting to take notice of CFL guys with the success of Browner, Cam Wake, Jerell Freeman of the Bears.

Only CFL alum on the offensive side to make it and have a big impact is currently the San Diego Chargers #3 WR Dontrelle Inman he used to play for the Toronto Argos.

Does Doug Flutie count? ;)

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

More like Last 10 years to be relevant. Warren Moon, Joe Thiesmann, Joe Horn etc if you want to go all time.

True. Although we've got many flops such as our very own Casey Printers for example who never succeeded in Kansas and when he came back, he was never the same. I've always wondered if Dave Dickenson had ever thought about trying to go for the NFL again and if he did, would he have succeeded. I remember he was a great pocket passer with precise passing and was so calm and cool on the field. I do know his first stint wasn't that great but over the years, he must've thought about trying for the NFL again..

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

True. Although we've got many flops such as our very own Casey Printers for example who never succeeded in Kansas and when he came back, he was never the same. I've always wondered if Dave Dickenson had ever thought about trying to go for the NFL again and if he did, would he have succeeded. I remember he was a great pocket passer with precise passing and was so calm and cool on the field. I do know his first stint wasn't that great but over the years, he must've thought about trying for the NFL again..

i wonder why the NFL passed over Bo Levi Mitchell of the Stampeders. He seems like a good enough arm, mobile, decent size and pocket passer. He is young enough to try the NFL again.

Apparently Jonathan Jennings has an out clause to try the NFL again after next year. He thinks he can be the next short qb sucess story like Russel Wilson.

Guy is an idiot no wonder Titans got rid of him for a backup O-lineman. Who does that to a 2nd round pick a year guy with his height/weight/speed numbers and college tape.

How can professionals who are paid be so incompetent to have a pedestrian Jordan Matthews as your #1 receiver and then 2 unreliable idiots with mental issues like Agholor and Dorial-Green Beckham and expect to compete in the NFL to make the playoffs?

Also this.... I get being frustrated with the team but this guy if he even if a real fan, which is questionable makes Eagles and sports fans in general look bad. He used to be funny for his post game rants now his shtick is getting annoying yet he still has 100,000 subs on Youtube and seems like the most famous NFL fan currently on the internet.

15 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

As a BC Lions fan I hope they crash and burn during their try outs. As a human being I wish them good luck persuing the coin that NFL guys can make.

10 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

i wonder why the NFL passed over Bo Levi Mitchell of the Stampeders. He seems like a good enough arm, mobile, decent size and pocket passer. He is young enough to try the NFL again.

Apparently Jonathan Jennings has an out clause to try the NFL again after next year. He thinks he can be the next short qb sucess story like Russel Wilson.

Scouts probably have seen him enough (plus can still scout him at CFL games) and figure it's not worth a shot and taking up a spot on their 52 man roster. I guess they would rather let a draft pick earn a spot and see what they can work with instead of having to develop an older vet who has nothing new to learn off of and would eventually fall back to their old habits

6 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Jeff Garcia is another good example. Three Pro-Bowls after leaving the CFL for the 'Niners...

Yes. But I believe he retired quite a while ago now. I was trying to get at more current CFL to NFL success stories in the last 5-10 years that would make the CFL look better for producing talent.

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

Yes. But I believe he retired quite a while ago now. I was trying to get at more current CFL to NFL success stories in the last 5-10 years that would make the CFL look better for producing talent.

So I guess, mentioning Joe Theismann is probably not much help, eh Chip?:P

BTW: My favorite story about Theismann is that before college, his name was pronounced Theesman. The publicity guy at Notre Dame talked him into changing the pronunciation so it would sound like Heisman...:lol: