The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

15 hours ago, diesel_3 said:

Sure.

In his 1st 2 years he threw 53 TD's 2nd to only Dan Marino on both not very good teams. The Raiders can't be overrated if they had a losing team for 14 years besides an 8-8 season in 2008. I would hardly say they were even 'rated'. They come out this year with a huge improvement through solid drafting and free agent signings and have put an exclamation point on their improvement.

To say Derek Carr in his 3rd year with his current stat line especially in his 1st 2 seasons not being surrounded by players like other elite QB's are is completely ignorant.

As i'm typing this Khalil Mack with strip sack, but ya, you clearly don't watch them if you doubt the Raiders offense. Doesn't make it true because it's your biased opinion against them.

I am a pats fan with much love to the Raiders.  If there is any team I'd want to win besides the Pats it would be Oakland for sure.  That being said Carr has one hell of a target to throw to in Amari Cooper and is imo flying under the radar as one of the top WR in the game.  I'd definitely trade any target on the Pats for him straight up, even Gronk due to his health issues.  Again my opinion, but I'd take Cooper over any WR not named Julio if I am building an offense.  Those 'Bama receivers....

13 hours ago, gmen81 said:

Earl Thomas done for the year. Congrats to the Pats on beating the Cowboys in the Super Bowl. 

Neither team is a lock to get into the SuperBowl for a plethora of reasons.  Bronco's and the Chiefs are like Scissors to Belichik's paper.  Just need a good interior pass rush and give Brady no time and make him move out of the pocket, Pat's D is good but not immovable.  They are most certainly beatable even with a healthy Gronk.  See, not all pats fans are blinded by blue, white and red rose colored glasses:emot-parrot: 

As far as the Cowboys well I can't say I've watched a lot of them this year but they have everything going their way so far which brings up the adversity question and what happens when the bounces don't go their way.  Particularly if they fall behind quickly and have to ditch the run game that fuels their offense.  Also any injuries to that O-Line from now until the playoffs could be huge, we'll see. 

27 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Neither team is a lock to get into the SuperBowl for a plethora of reasons.  Bronco's and the Chiefs are like Scissors to Belichik's paper.  Just need a good interior pass rush and give Brady no time and make him move out of the pocket, Pat's D is good but not immovable.  They are most certainly beatable even with a healthy Gronk.  See, not all pats fans are blinded by blue, white and red rose colored glasses:emot-parrot: 

As far as the Cowboys well I can't say I've watched a lot of them this year but they have everything going their way so far which brings up the adversity question and what happens when the bounces don't go their way.  Particularly if they fall behind quickly and have to ditch the run game that fuels their offense.  Also any injuries to that O-Line from now until the playoffs could be huge, we'll see. 

Broncos and the Chiefs? Lol.

Trevor Siemian really though? He is going to outduel Brady in his own house?

Patriots like the Seahawks are pretty much invincible at home.

Andy Reid always comes close to besting Belichick but comes off shirt in the end like last year and the Super Bowl.

I would know this being an Eagles fan.

For 20 teams they are either playing out the string and a handful still think they have a shot to get in and will end up more crushed at the result.

Eagles need to win even though they are out of it like the Vikings they both don't control their 1st round pick and need to win.

53 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I am a pats fan with much love to the Raiders.  If there is any team I'd want to win besides the Pats it would be Oakland for sure.  That being said Carr has one hell of a target to throw to in Amari Cooper and is imo flying under the radar as one of the top WR in the game.  I'd definitely trade any target on the Pats for him straight up, even Gronk due to his health issues.  Again my opinion, but I'd take Cooper over any WR not named Julio if I am building an offense.  Those 'Bama receivers....

Over A.brown too?

6 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Over A.brown too?

Right now there's no question Brown is better than Cooper but imo his game is predicated on speed which isn't going to be with him in a couple of years.  That's why I rate Julio Jones as the top WR in the game, his speed and strength are unmatched and he can still be a dangerous threat well into his 30's like Larry Fitzgerald whereas I see Brown turning into a Mike Wallace kind of one dimensional threat.  Just my measly opinion.

17 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Broncos and the Chiefs? Lol.

Trevor Siemian really though? He is going to outduel Brady in his own house?

Patriots like the Seahawks are pretty much invincible at home.

Andy Reid always comes close to besting Belichick but comes off shirt in the end like last year and the Super Bowl.

I would know this being an Eagles fan.

For 20 teams they are either playing out the string and a handful still think they have a shot to get in and will end up more crushed at the result.

Eagles need to win even though they are out of it like the Vikings they both don't control their 1st round pick and need to win.

Meh we'll see, no one thought the Giants could beat the pats did they?  Or did you call that wise one?  If Trent Dilfer can QB a team to Super Bowl then so can Siemian/Lynch or anyone else provided that have a helluva D behind them like the Bronco's do.  I am just pointing out that is how the Pats lose to teams like the Giants, Broncos, Bills, etc.  Pass rush, pass rush, pass rush.  They are beatable, and a Cowboy/Pats SB is hardly a lock. 

34 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Meh we'll see, no one thought the Giants could beat the pats did they?  Or did you call that wise one?  If Trent Dilfer can QB a team to Super Bowl then so can Siemian/Lynch or anyone else provided that have a helluva D behind them like the Bronco's do.  I am just pointing out that is how the Pats lose to teams like the Giants, Broncos, Bills, etc.  Pass rush, pass rush, pass rush.  They are beatable, and a Cowboy/Pats SB is hardly a lock. 

I didn't see that coming but my buddy predicted it after the Giants almost beat New England early on in that undefeated 07 season.

I'm always shocked when the Patriots lose. I guess in my mind I don't see Brady being denied.

You know how bad he wants to be better than his idol Joe Montana.

If they get the AFCs need #1 seed it's pretty much lights out IMO to the Super Bowl.

If they don't though and the Raiders get that 1 seed a lot more Pats fans will be getting uneasy.

Edited by Chip Kelly

23 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Fair point. Jacoby Brissett > or at least equal to Derek Carr. :huh:

C'mon ... it's Buffalo, Pats should have beaten them with or without Brady

Brisset put the beatdown on Houston 27-0 just a week before ..... :blink::blink:.

Edited by Neversummer

14 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

Brisset put the beatdown on Houston 27-0 just a week before ..... :blink::blink:.

That game wasn't Brissett, that was all Blount who caught the Texans with their pants down. 

25 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

9 minutes ago, Pears said:

That game wasn't Brissett, that was all Blount who caught the Texans with their pants down. 

The defense did things to Osweiler that 72 million dollars can't help him forget.