The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

When your team has the 3 (4 including Jules :P) best QBs in the division ::D

Cannon easily a top bounce back player of the year. From AFCCG scapegoat costing the game, nearly being cut, to doing a total 180, being rewarded with one of the highest contracts for a guard in the entire league a few weeks ago, and completely mopped up Miller today getting back his pound of flesh. 

=)

Got a Seahawks sweater and snap back today. Rooting for them to go all the way and win the Super Bowl. Maybe this is the year they get their revenge on the Pats and Brady throws from the 1 yard line but this time the Seahawks pick it off. Could very well be the case unless a team from the AFC can step it up come playoff time and be 10x better than the Pats. Anything can happen when the playoffs begin. Go Seahawks!

Edited by Beary Sweet

14 hours ago, Green Building said:

Would rather face the Cowboys than the Giants in the playoffs if I had a choice. And another patented 4th quarter bed $&!# by the Chargers. 

Missed the 2nd and 3rd quarter, but from what I saw it looked like Denver lost the game more than the Pats won it, if that makes any sense. They had their chances and couldn't make plays that weren't turnovers.

Only saw part of it (and highlights) but it looked like the Broncos' receivers had a lot of drops...

4 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Sanders played yesterday? Must've missed it 

Malcolm Butler is a fantastic cornerback and is top 5 in the league no doubt. 

My top 5 would be;

Richard Sherman

Chris Harris Jr.

Marcus Peters

Malcolm Butler

Desmond Trufant

4 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Malcolm Butler is a fantastic cornerback and is top 5 in the league no doubt. 

My top 5 would be;

Richard Sherman

Chris Harris Jr.

Marcus Peters

Malcolm Butler

Desmond Trufant

Trufant over Patrick Peterson, Xavier Rhodes, Rodgers-Cromartie etc.? Other than that it looks about right. 

Edited by Pears

9 minutes ago, Pears said:

Trufant over Patrick Peterson, Xavier Rhodes, Rodgers-Cromartie etc.? Other than that it looks about right. 

To be honest, I kinda forgot about Patrick Peterson he is a crazy athlete. Trufant is an elite guy in man coverage. He is already more successful than his brother who was a very consistent corner and was a staple in the Seahawk defense for a decade.

• Upvote 1

P squared has it all height,weight, speed,ball skills, return ability can tackle can cover off or press.

Josh Norman and Sherman to be fair okay like Butler, they play a lot of cover 2 disguised as off man sometimes.

Just saying these guys are not matched up 1 on 1 all game like some people think.

They do go one on one at times but they mix up coverages probably more than the average fan thinks.

Sherman did get safety help from Thomas over the top on occasion when he is dealing with a speedy receiver.

2 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

P squared has it all height,weight, speed,ball skills, return ability can tackle can cover off or press.

Josh Norman and Sherman to be fair okay like Butler, they play a lot of cover 2 disguised as off man sometimes.

Just saying these guys are not matched up 1 on 1 all game like some people think.

They do go one on one at times but they mix up coverages probably more than the average fan thinks.

Sherman did get safety help from Thomas over the top on occasion when he is dealing with a speedy receiver.

The Seattle defense plays cover 1 or 3 most of the time.

That is kind of the point of a safety.

29 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

The Seattle defense plays cover 1 or 3 most of the time.

That is kind of the point of a safety.

It's a great scheme basically us what i am trying to get around at.

Earl Thomas makes it work he is da real MVP of the LOB along with Bam Bam.

Sherman although good wouldn't look as great without having the 2 most athletic safeties in the league behind him.