The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

He would torched the Bills for 600 yards and wink at you after the game if you brought that sign.  So I say do it.

I'm not going to the game this weekend.  He is definitely going to torch the Bills' secondary but not for 600 yards.  I'm going to say somewhere between 300-400.  The secondary plays zone defense with weaker than needed linebackers and safeties.  They give up too much space in the middle where Brady has made a career thriving at dinking and dunking the ball.  Then they'll pull the safeties in tighter to cover the middle which will leave the Patriot wide-outs to burn the Bills' cornerbacks which will get Brady some deep throws on top of everything else.

As far as the Bills' offense goes, the Jets exposed them by rushing at least 5 guys at the O-Line on most plays which put big time pressure on Tyrod which ended up neutralizing him.  I fully expect the Patriots to do the same this Sunday.

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm not going to the game this weekend.  He is definitely going to torch the Bills' secondary but not for 600 yards.  I'm going to say somewhere between 300-400.  The secondary plays zone defense with weaker than needed linebackers and safeties.  They give up too much space in the middle where Brady has made a career thriving at dinking and dunking the ball.  Then they'll pull the safeties in tighter to cover the middle which will leave the Patriot wide-outs to burn the Bills' cornerbacks which will get Brady some deep throws on top of everything else.

As far as the Bills' offense goes, the Jets exposed them by rushing at least 5 guys at the O-Line on most plays which put big time pressure on Tyrod which ended up neutralizing him.  I fully expect the Patriots to do the same this Sunday.

The key to stopping Brady isn't the secondary(though obviously it can help) it's the front four D.  I thought that's Buffalo's strength?  Historically those are the teams that give Brady fits - Giants, Colts Broncos, Jets, and Bills all gave Brady problems when they had good D lines.  Give Brady time in the pocket and he's automatic, making him move around is the best chance to beat the Pats.  Yeah Brady did throw two picks vs. Seattle in the SB but still finished with a 101.1 rating against supposedly the best secondary ever ha(not my words).

1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

The key to stopping Brady isn't the secondary(though obviously it can help) it's the front four D.  I thought that's Buffalo's strength?  Historically those are the teams that give Brady fits - Giants, Colts Broncos, Jets, and Bills all gave Brady problems when they had good D lines.  Give Brady time in the pocket and he's automatic, making him move around is the best chance to beat the Pats.  Yeah Brady did throw two picks vs. Seattle in the SB but still finished with a 101.1 rating against supposedly the best secondary ever ha(not my words).

The Bills' line deteriorated under Rex Ryan.  I still think that Brady will carve up that secondary though like a turkey.  They thrive on turnovers, which Brady doesn't often give, and they leave too much space open in the middle which is perfect for Brady's Dink and Dunk style of play.  Even back when he played in Michigan, he could exploit the daylights out of weak in the middle secondaries.

8 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Your right. If you can get pressure on brady  then you gave a chance and buff has some good pass rushers. 

4 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

The Bills' line deteriorated under Rex Ryan.  I still think that Brady will carve up that secondary though like a turkey.  They thrive on turnovers, which Brady doesn't often give, and they leave too much space open in the middle which is perfect for Brady's Dink and Dunk style of play.  Even back when he played in Michigan, he could exploit the daylights out of weak in the middle secondaries.

Even if they do get to brady, does new england revert back to two tight end sets?

1 minute ago, Isam said:

Even if they do get to brady, does new england revert back to two tight end sets?

With Bennett out for the season, that's a good question.  I wouldn't be surprised though to see Gronk dominate even if it's just him.  He has extra motivation when he plays against the Bills since he grew up rooting for them.

7 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

With Bennett out for the season, that's a good question.  I wouldn't be surprised though to see Gronk dominate even if it's just him.  He has extra motivation when he plays against the Bills since he grew up rooting for them.

Good point and i havent been impressed with bills center fielders (safetys). It might get ugly.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Isam said:

But i havent been impressed with secondary at all

The Patriots?  Their defence should be able to keep the Bills' receivers in check.  Benjamin is out with a tear in his knee and Matthews is still a bit gimpy.  Zay Jones is having a very rough rookie season.  Those are the top 3.  Not very inspiring...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

The Patriots?  Their defence should be able to keep the Bills' receivers in check.  Benjamin is out with a tear in his knee and Matthews is still a bit gimpy.  Zay Jones is having a very rough rookie season.  Those are the top 3.  Not very inspiring...

Bills

5 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

If the bills can estblish shady then they might be able to make a game of it.

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Gronk still in Wrestlemania mode :lol:

That was really REALLY dangerous.  He should have been kicked out of that game for sure.  Everyone loves Gronkowski, but I think he should get at least a two game suspension, if not more.  He could have seriously injured that defenceless player.  Really bad move by Gronk.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That was really REALLY dangerous.  He should have been kicked out of that game for sure.  Everyone loves Gronkowski, but I think he should get at least a two game suspension, if not more.  He could have seriously injured that defenceless player.  Really bad move by Gronk.  

If the officials call one of the 20 holds on Gronk that doesn't happen.

2 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

If the officials call one of the 20 holds on Gronk that doesn't happen.

Oh yes.  Definitely that was holding and PI, but that doesn’t excuse Gronk’s retaliation.  Hitting a defenceless player, out of bounds, after the play, who is on the turf, in the back of the head was totally dirty.  Gronk is a stand up guy, so I hope he comes right out and says he did something stupid.  

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Oh yes.  Definitely that was holding and PI, but that doesn’t excuse Gronk’s retaliation.  Hitting a defenceless player, out of bounds, after the play, who is on the turf, in the back of the head was totally dirty.  Gronk is a stand up guy, so I hope he comes right out and says he did something stupid.  

He didn't hit his head he hit his shoulder. He just flopped on top of him. Stupid yes but not nearly as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be.

3 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

He didn't hit his head he hit his shoulder. He just flopped on top of him. Stupid yes but not nearly as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be.

Watch it again.  Gronk (I’m sure not on purpose) slid up the guy’s back, and hit the back of the helmet, driving the head into the turf.  Like I said before, we all love Gronk, but this was a very dangerous play.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Watch it again.  Gronk (I’m sure not on purpose) slid up the guy’s back, and hit the back of the helmet, driving the head into the turf.  Like I said before, we all love Gronk, but this was a very dangerous play.  

He didn't drive his head into the turf he landed on his shoulder which is why the bills player was holding his shoulder when he sat up. He probably dislocated his shoulder.