The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

15 hours ago, argar11 said:

And neither are they...As of today (Credit ESPN)

Patriots - Offense: 9th Overall 

Defense: 17th Overall

Seahawks - Offense: 23rd Overall

Defense: 10th Overall 

Cowboys - Offense: 5th Overall

Defense: 13th Overall

The Cowboys have been pretty healthy meanwhile the Patriots have been missing their pieces on offense for a little while though Patriots d being average I will give you.

Seahwaks were missing Chancellor and Bennett know for some time as well as their primary RB Thomas Rawls.

Not to mention Russel Wilson only started to be healthy this game vs New England. Srahwaks always get hit down the stretch and they are getting healthier each week so I doubt they will finish much lower than around 12th in the league on offense once they get their pieces all together for the first time healthy.

Where would the Dallas offense be without a fully healthy o line and Ezekiel Elliot.

They have not been tested by injuries yet.

Throw the stat outs and by the eyeball test I would still take the Patriots and Seattle over any team in the league.

Seattle matches up very well against Dallas. Also the Dallas d is not that great really even the Eagles pathetic offense moved the ball against them in Dallas.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Now that Alshon Jeffrey got poped for PEDs does this mean other teams will shy away and the Eagles will get him for a slight discount in free agency?:P

Or he could come to Cincy and form the three headed monster with him, Green, and Eifert :)

10 hours ago, Pears said:

Or he could come to Cincy and form the three headed monster with him, Green, and Eifert :)

Haha no way you guys were already spoiled with Marvin Jones and Sanu!!

Having AJ and Alshon together would be downright unfair.

Eagles haven't had a #1 wr since Terrel Owens that is a long time. They have to get somebody if not Jeffrey I'll even take Terrele Pryor!!

:lol:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

Haha no way you guys were already spoiled with Marvin Jones and Sanu!!

Having AJ and Alshon together would be downright unfair.

Eagles haven't had a #1 wr since Terrel Owens that is a long time. They have to get somebody if not Jeffrey I'll even take Terrele Pryor!!

:lol:

Forget Aj and Alshon together, all Cincy needs is a dose of McCarron and Katherine Webb ;)

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I'm shocked to see Michael waived by the Seahawks. Guess they have decided to go with one of the best last names in football in Prosise. He's a great running back but with Rawls coming back from injury, it only made sense to waive. Good luck to where you end up, Christine. 

Never been a big fan of Michael. I am ok with the move. Would like us to draft Fournette, Chubb or Cook though

16 hours ago, Pears said:

Just wondering if you had watched preseason at all but any thoughts on Rashaun Simonise? He's from Vancouver as well and from my high school and I know he didn't make the roster but just wondering your thoughts. I didn't get to watch him much. I realize he's probably a longshot to make the NFL for the next couple of seasons.

15 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

Just wondering if you had watched preseason at all but any thoughts on Rashaun Simonise? He's from Vancouver as well and from my high school and I know he didn't make the roster but just wondering your thoughts. I didn't get to watch him much. I realize he's probably a longshot to make the NFL for the next couple of seasons.

From the games I was able to watch I don't think he got that many looks, if any. Which sucks because he's a really interesting prospect. 

Edited by Pears

Congrats to the Seahawks on winning the mid season Super Bowl...at least it was the mid season SB and not the actual one:ph34r:

...Pats have a scheme problem on defense, that's all. They have the talent and weapons but Patricia needs to utilize them ore efficiently. Pats defense got torched yes and so did Seattle's but you won't hear that since they won and are the LOB. They allowed over 400+ yards. Last play was iffy and could've went both ways. I'm glad it was a no flag since games shouldn't be decided on those imo and it was a football play. However, I still think Cam got away with one as he held Gronk down when the ball was up in the air, not allowing Gronk a chance to go up and get it. But regardless of that, for the most part the Seahawks were the better team and deservedly so won. 

On a side note, Tom laying down the hammer on deflategate B) 

Edited by TheRussianRocket.
  • Upvote 2

And massive massive massive ups to Romo for issuing the statement he did.

That was Godlike maturity. You can't teach humbleness. Romo did the Cowboys a huge favour by taking away the distraction himself. If he never did that, there would be uncertainty and the media would have ran with it but now they simply can't. He made it clear as can be. Romo's spent his entire career earning respect. If he didn't earn even the biggest of haters after that, you just have to look inside yourself because that's most definitely where the problem lies. Masterclass of a speech. After hearing that sincerity, no one should ever be able to question his character ever. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Congrats to the Seahawks on winning the mid season Super Bowl...at least it was the mid season SB and not the actual one:ph34r:

I still think Cam got away with one as he held Gronk down when the ball was up in the air, not allowing Gronk a chance to go up and get it. But regardless of that, for the most part the Seahawks were the better team and deservedly so won. 

Gronk ran right at him and initiated contact as a quasi bump-and-run to create space. It could have gone either way and I don't really see it as a missed call, rather a fair non-call.

To be honest, the Pats offence looked to be in much more control of their game. Wilson still struggles with short yardage passes and his random inaccuracies are just painful to watch. Especially with Brady making it look so effortless on the other side. Not comparing the 2 directly, but when they face off head to head it's hard not to notice. Like the SB, I'm just glad it was a tight game. Actually it was one of the better games I've watched this year.

2 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

And massive massive massive ups to Romo for issuing the statement he did.

That was Godlike maturity. You can't teach humbleness. Romo did the Cowboys a huge favour by taking away the distraction himself. If he never did that, there would be uncertainty and the media would have ran with it but now they simply can't. He made it clear as can be. Romo's spent his entire career earning respect. If he didn't earn even the biggest of haters after that, you just have to look inside yourself because that's most definitely where the problem lies. Masterclass of a speech. After hearing that sincerity, no one should ever be able to question his character ever. 

Let's not get carried away the fact he carried through with the speech is great but there is no way he actually wrote all that himself. He had a good speech writer like Obama and delivered it well enough to come off as sincere.

What else is he going to do though? He needs to market himself to the 10 or so other teams who are in desperate need of a starting QB.

Wouldn't surprise me if Romo went to the Jets or Bears having a Chicago connection.

Cutler is the another logical choice with the Jets due to his past experience working with Brandon Marshall.

Edited by Chip Kelly

23 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

I'm shocked to see Michael waived by the Seahawks. Guess they have decided to go with one of the best last names in football in Prosise. He's a great running back but with Rawls coming back from injury, it only made sense to waive. Good luck to where you end up, Christine. 

If I was the Eagles I would pick him up for a week to see if he has any knowledge of the Seahawks formations offensively and defensively to help beat them next week.:ph34r:

Green Bay picks up Michael.

Have to imagine he get's some serious reps in practice this week in the hope that he can get more than a few touches this Sunday.  

Starks is awful, and although Michael not be much better he should end up getting the majority of the snaps going forward.

• Upvote 1

Nelson Agholor really is the worst receiver in the league by any measure. Terrible stone hands. Bad routes and unable to get any separation.

Thanks for wasting another 1st round pick just because he convinced people in the interview process and came off as mature and with a high football IQ.

What bs. Nigerian scam artist stealing money. Stuck with this trash bum for 2 more years minimum because nobody is gonna give anything back in a trade of any value and the dead money is too much to cut him right the next 2 years.

Did I mention how much I hate USC skill position players and what busts they usually turn out to be?