The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

It was a good season Bills. Nothing to hang your head about

Die hard Bills fan here. It was a great season and we definitely have lots to be happy about.

Tonight was just too many missed red zone opportunities that resulted in field goals/the interception. We should have double teamed Hill/Kelce more to try and throw Mahomes off his game more.

Next year we need to make some adjustments on defense (and possibly tight end) as well as upgrade our running game. I'm quite certain that they are going to move on from Singletary.

• Cheers 3

9 hours ago, Mikey2Dope said:

Die hard Bills fan here. It was a great season and we definitely have lots to be happy about.

Tonight was just too many missed red zone opportunities that resulted in field goals/the interception. We should have double teamed Hill/Kelce more to try and throw Mahomes off his game more.

Next year we need to make some adjustments on defense (and possibly tight end) as well as upgrade our running game. I'm quite certain that they are going to move on from Singletary.

Very much my thoughts as well, although I also give a lot of credit to the Chiefs' secondary. Most of those red zone misses were a result of Allen not having an open receiver downfield. They pretty much took Diggs right out of the offense....

For sure, Singletary wasn't good enough as well.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

And yet some one did.

As a fan of the Bills, Canucks, Jays and Netherlands in football, I'm used to listening to the fans of other teams rub it in....all the more reason to despise the teams they cheer for...

It's like Ricky says: "What goes around is all around"....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

As a fan of the Bills, Canucks, Jays and Netherlands in football, I'm used to listening to the fans of other teams rub it in....all the more reason to despise the teams they cheer for...

Oh cheer up, it's a beautiful Monday, it's been many years we've been going back and forth. 

Just now, NucksPatsFan said:

Oh cheer up, it's a beautiful Monday, it's been many years we've been going back and forth. 

Totally cheerful. (at least as cheerful as one can be on a Monday morning at work. B))

If it came off as salty, it wasn't my intention. We both know that no degree of sportsmanship on your part is going to make me despise the Patsies any less, so we might as well "embrace the hate".

If it's any consolation, I hate the Phish even more....:)

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Pats fans would be easier to listen to if they didn't have a coach and former q.b. cheating for wins.

Edited by gurn

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Totally cheerful. (at least as cheerful as one can be on a Monday morning at work. B))

If it came off as salty, it wasn't my intention. We both know that no degree of sportsmanship on your part is going to make me despise the Patsies any less, so we might as well "embrace the hate".

If it's any consolation, I hate the Phish even more....:)

image.jpeg.115bbd6da25d9f4f7371abf998e44b11.jpeg

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

The one and only time I ever cheered for the Pats was the year they were going for the perfect record. I really want to shut up those dickwads from '72 Dolphins....

The Chiefs are likely our only hope over the next decade or so. 

I really don't want to see Watson in the division either. 

Just now, NucksPatsFan said:

The Chiefs are likely our only hope over the next decade or so. 

I really don't want to see Watson in the division either. 

I guess the only consolation there is that the Texans would almost certainly insist on Tua going the other way, but yes, I'd much rather see him go somewhere else.

I saw an article somewhere that said his first choice is the Jets. Still in the division, but not as scary a prospect....

18 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm pretty much over that. The bottom line is, it was a great team and those two were big reasons why.

To me Brady and the Hoodie are the Barry Bonds of football:

Would have been counted as among the best or very close to it, but as cheaters, I can't call them the best.

12 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I guess the only consolation there is that the Texans would almost certainly insist on Tua going the other way, but yes, I'd much rather see him go somewhere else.

I saw an article somewhere that said his first choice is the Jets. Still in the division, but not as scary a prospect....

Well with Gase gone now, the Jets might take a step forward and be mediocre - possibly even average with Deshaun. 

• Haha 1

Cole Beasley played this post season with a broken leg....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2928272-bills-cole-beasley-says-he-has-broken-fibula-played-through-injury?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Buffalo Bills receiver Cole Beasley said Monday he played through a broken fibula in the playoffs after suffering the injury in Week 16, per Kim Jones of NFL Network. 

The 31-year-old sat out Week 17 but appeared in all three postseason games for the Bills, totaling seven catches for 88 yards in Sunday's AFC Championship Game loss to the Kansas City Chiefs.

"There was no way I was going to miss the playoff game especially after watching in week 17 so I was going to figure it out one way or another," Beasley told reporters Monday.

I remember when Allen completed his first throw to Beasley on Sunday. At the time I thought it boded well, because he wasn't very involved against the Ravens...

Little did I know at the time that it would be Diggs who was shut down this time....

• Cheers 1