The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Mystery why Green Bay  did not go for it on 4th down with about 2 minutes and 10 seconds left.   A field goal is no good when you are behind by 8 points.   When you got one of the best QBs in the NFL why not go for it.   The poor PI call did not factor in that much as time was pretty short and a long field if GB got the ball back.  The game was really lost when GB did not for it on 4th down.

Edited by DonLever
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, DonLever said:

Mystery why Green Bay  did not go for it on 4th down with about 2 minutes and 10 seconds left.   A field goal is no good when you are behind by 8 points.   When you got one of the best QBs in the NFL why not go for it.   The poor PI call did not factor in that much as time was pretty short and a long field if GB got the ball back.  The game was really lost when GB did not for it on 4th down.

GB mindset: "we don't want to give Brady the ball with a chance to score... so instead we will give Brady the ball and now all he has to do is run out the clock..."

I don't know why you'd think it would be harder for Tampa to run out the clock than it would to stop them from scoring. 

2 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Rodgers needed to channel some Chad Henne there and take the ball himself... 

Handing over the ball to Brady with very little time on the clock knowing that you need to go down the field and score another touchdown is such a bonehead coaching decision. At least if you miss on 4th down you've got better field position. 

Exactly, you got TB pinned down deep in their own zone.   If Green Bay could have stopped them they would get great field position when they got the ball back.

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Obviously cheering for the Bills here, but TBH, if you told me they'd make the AFC Championship game at the beginning of the season, I would have been happy.

Just going to enjoy this, win or lose....

I want the Chiefs just to see the Battle Royale of old vs. new. 

Who am I kidding? I don't even have cable anymore. Haha. 

Edited by Ghostsof1915