The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Tampa Bay Bucs. holy crap they stunk tonight. Tho maybe if you swapped Cam Newton for Glennon the score would have been the other way around. He was the difference maker. Glennons O-line wasnt helping him out any either.

Mike Glennon is 6'6" 225 lbs and despite his similarities to Napoleon Dynamite the dudes hard to look at. I usually dont care too much about physical appearance but damn its hard not to in his case.

Tampa Bay Bucs. holy crap they stunk tonight. Tho maybe if you swapped Cam Newton for Glennon the score would have been the other way around. He was the difference maker. Glennons O-line wasnt helping him out any either.

Mike Glennon is 6'6" 225 lbs and despite his similarities to Napoleon Dynamite the dudes hard to look at. I usually dont care too much about physical appearance but damn its hard not to in his case.

He is a weird looking dude, especially with a helmet on. It looks like its too big for him. He did alright though, he's still a rookie so he made some rookie mistakes and over-threw balls, but his receivers didn't help much either. I don't know what the actual stat was but it seemed like they were dropping a few balls. Glennon is no future star but if the Bucs remain a run first team he seems like he could be a decent starter. His 2 minute drill looked good, had no problem slinging it around.

Tampa though, wow what can you say about them. On paper I think they have a pretty talented team. I beleive there problem is Schiano, though I have disliked him and thought he was clown pretty much since his week 2 of last year.

Newton is playing good lately, these past few games he's been smart with the ball, I didn't see too many passes where he was trying to force it just made smart plays

Edited by pdc

He is a weird looking dude, especially with a helmet on. It looks like its too big for him. He did alright though, he's still a rookie so he made some rookie mistakes and over-threw balls, but his receivers didn't help much either. I don't know what the actual stat was but it seemed like they were dropping a few balls. Glennon is no future star but if the Bucs remain a run first team he seems like he could be a decent starter. His 2 minute drill looked good, had no problem slinging it around.

Tampa though, wow what can you say about them. On paper I think they have a pretty talented team. I beleive there problem is Schiano, though I have disliked him and thought he was clown pretty much since his week 2 of last year.

Newton is playing good lately, these past few games he's been smart with the ball, I didn't see too many passes where he was trying to force it just made smart plays

Carolina is under the radar. The run game has been better this year by having only one lead back in DeAngelo Williams and their defense is very underrated.

They need to get another receiver opposite Steve Smith and improve the o-line if they are going to be a run first team.

Just wanted to see your guys opinion on the top 10 HBs in the game, I'll list mine.

1. Peterson

2. Lynch

3. Foster

4. McCoy

5. Rice

6. Charles

7. Gore

8. McFadden

9. Morris

10. Sproles

I don't think McFadden should be on that list. He is chronically injured.

Doug Martin should be #10 Also how can you forget Forte? Is he a multi purpose back. Probably top 5 in the league.

Sproles is not a lead guy so I think Reggie Bush would be ahead of him and he doesn't make my top 10.

My top 10

1. Peterson

2. Lynch

3. Foster

4. McCoy

5. Forte

6. Rice

7. Charles

8. Gore

9. Morris

10. Martin

Interesting. When asked if the team supports Schiano, Revis said "I don't know." Usually veteran leaders will say something supportive of their coach even during a 0-7 season. It's clear, as we've all expected for weeks now, Schiano has lost the locker room.

It's bewildering that he hasn't been fired. Usually coaches who lose 11 out of the last 12 games, and don't utilize the stars that are being paid money in the way they need to be, get the axe sooner than this.

Interesting. When asked if the team supports Schiano, Revis said "I don't know." Usually veteran leaders will say something supportive of their coach even during a 0-7 season. It's clear, as we've all expected for weeks now, Schiano has lost the locker room.

It's bewildering that he hasn't been fired. Usually coaches who lose 11 out of the last 12 games, and don't utilize the stars that are being paid money in the way they need to be, get the axe sooner than this.

Who would you like to see replace him? I dont see anyone on their current staff who would be anything more than an interim. Theres some prime choices out there and the Bucs are gonna have to pay two coaches for a while but the triggers gotta be pulled. maybe Lovie Smith or John Gruden, Marty Schottenheimer may not have anything better to do...

Who would you like to see replace him? I dont see anyone on their current staff who would be anything more than an interim. Theres some prime choices out there and the Bucs are gonna have to pay two coaches for a while but the triggers gotta be pulled. maybe Lovie Smith or John Gruden, Marty Schottenheimer may not have anything better to do...

Gruden already declined a teams offer in the offseason (I forget which team). I could see Lovie Smith taking over for him. He did decent in Chi town considering he didnt have much to work with in Jay Cutler.

The forces aligned against the Washington Redskins name have been mounting. It started out quite a while ago kinda haphazard and unorganized but the growing groundswell of support for a change can no longer be ignored.

The problem: The name is a insult to native Americans. Its undeniable. As far as racism goes Its not as bad as the N word but the fact that it is at all comparable is all you really need to know.

The Redskins dont want to change because their name has a very real brand value that cannot be denied. They have a long history with the name but that alone is not going to save it. They can still win here. Not in saving the name, that wont happen, but in how they handle the change. Making fan input a big part of it. Making the native tribes input a big part of it. Making it a stepping stone forward that all parties involved can feel good about. And selling a huge amount of new jerseys and team gear along the way. 20,000 RGIII jerseys the first week alone probably.

The Washington Bravehearts has already been nixxed as a new name. Any ideas out there?

The forces aligned against the Washington Redskins name have been mounting. It started out quite a while ago kinda haphazard and unorganized but the growing groundswell of support for a change can no longer be ignored.

The problem: The name is a insult to native Americans. Its undeniable. As far as racism goes Its not as bad as the N word but the fact that it is at all comparable is all you really need to know.

The Redskins dont want to change because their name has a very real brand value that cannot be denied. They have a long history with the name but that alone is not going to save it. They can still win here. Not in saving the name, that wont happen, but in how they handle the change. Making fan input a big part of it. Making the native tribes input a big part of it. Making it a stepping stone forward that all parties involved can feel good about. And selling a huge amount of new jerseys and team gear along the way. 20,000 RGIII jerseys the first week alone probably.

The Washington Bravehearts has already been nixxed as a new name. Any ideas out there?

Don't know why they are going after the name "Redskins" when the "Indians" name in baseball is more offensive because it is incorrect.

Though an interim won't do much good, isn't it better to remove the cancer early on rather than wait it out until the end of the season? If things really are as bad as they seem in the locker room between the players and Schiano, keeping him until the end of the season just sends the players into the offseason upset and not looking forward to the following the year.

Don't know why they are going after the name "Redskins" when the "Indians" name in baseball is more offensive because it is incorrect.

Being incorrect is not the same as being a insult.

The Cleveland Indians arent really Indians in the same way the Chicago bears arent really bears. If you are talking about how indian refers to people from india its definition also refers to native North Americans as being correct as well. Without the name being an insult.

• Upvote 1

Being incorrect is not the same as being a insult.

The Cleveland Indians arent really Indians in the same way the Chicago bears arent really bears. If you are talking about how indian refers to people from india its definition also refers to native North Americans as being correct as well. Without the name being an insult.

I would think it is more offensive for a native/aboriginal person to be called an "Indian" which is a term the Europeans used because they were lost and thought they had discovered the path to India and called the indigenous people "Indians" because of their skin color.

Both are equally offensive really. Most aboriginal people I know don't like the connotation of Indians and prefer Natives or first nations.

I just don't get why "Redskins" is more offensive since both slang terms are made to express the skin color of the people.

Edited by Chip Kelly

While everyone is out drinking and groping all the "sexy nurses/cops/bunnies/secretaries..etc" I'm stuck at home because of a 5:30am shift :( boo . but 2 positives come from this:

1. Won't get home till 12:30 so I will have to play catch up in the Patriots game via PVR which means no commercials! Also means no looking at my phone at all between 10am and whenever I catch up to real time in the game

2. spending tonight watching all 3 "3 games to glory" series