The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

For some reason I remembered the 04 division playoff game vs the Colts as a 20-10 win, but turns out the Pats defense held the #1 offense in arguably the best year of Peyton Manning's career (not including this current half season) (49TDs, 4500 yards passing) to just a field goal.

:)

And this is why people hate pats fans like you. Who the hell cares? Keep it to yourself. Smfh :picard:

And this is why people hate pats fans like you. Who the hell cares? Keep it to yourself. Smfh :picard:

I posted in here that I was going to watch Three Games to Glory. This is the NFL thread. My post was NFL related. My post derived from what I watched.

Or are you upset that something negative was said about ESPN's lord and savior Peyton Manning?

Edited by NucksPatsFan

lol. Seattles going 14-2 or 15-1. First in NFC. Look at their schedule. 49ers are looking good to lock up 5th and Dallas is gonna take their division at 8-8, maybe (like everything Cowboys related, its hard to tell). Percy Harvins conditioning is almost done and he will make his debut against the bucs Nov 3. I hear hes pretty good.

Dallas is a mystery to me this year. I cant figure them out at all. I dont know what to expect from game to game and I just dont know about Romo anymore. I used to like him. Their saving grace is their usual enemy the Giants have fallen to pieces in spectacular fashion tho they are showing signs of life lately.

Staffords awesomeness at the end of the game tonight was hard to not like. The guys a beast. 488 yards. talk about fired up. IF not for the turnovers and a couple special teams plays Dallas would have not been in this game . Look at total net yards. Dallas 268. Detroit 623. Thats right look at it.

EDIT: If Dallas brings this game against Seattle or the 49ers in the first round they are gonna get gutted.

Dallas stay in games! I can't remember the last time we were blown out. Probably the last game of the season last year against Washington, a Monday night game last year against Chicago and a Sunday night game two years ago against philly.

That's what Dallas do, we play up to our competition till the last two minutes.

Man Rams. Thought they had a huge upset vs Seattle.

But no they panicked like crappy teams do when the game is on the line.

Typical. They ran it well why not try a fake handoff play call with the rb diving into a pile in the middle with a naked bootleg by the qb?

No they go empty backfield and spread em out because they have such a great passing game. :picard:

That's what good teams do no matter how ugly they find a way to win. Bad teams no matter how good they play always mess up when it counts.

Typical. They ran it well why not try a fake handoff play call with the rb diving into a pile in the middle with a naked bootleg by the qb?

No they go empty backfield and spread em out because they have such a great passing game. :picard:

That's what good teams do no matter how ugly they find a way to win. Bad teams no matter how good they play always mess up when it counts.

They are a really young team, they will soon emerge mark my words, lost of amazing college talent on that team.

Jeff Fisher said after the game that Stacy had injured his ankle before the end of the game and Richardson had his chances and isn't really that protypical goal line back. Empty back feild was still strange tho, you would atleast think they would go with play action pass.

Seattle looked awful though, they really need Okung back that offensive line is not very good. To make things worse Seattle right now(without Harvin) receiving core is horrible. The Rams were playing 8 men in the box and press coverage all game and that group of receivers couldn't get separation if their lifes depended on it. They really need Harvin, Russel Wilson is not a good qb if you can drop that extra safety and keep him in the pocket.

'If he feels like , you know, I need to be kicked out of the league, I feel like people who beat thier girlfriends should be kicked out of the league, too.' - Brandon Meriweather (on comments made by Brandon Marshall.)

Dallas stay in games! I can't remember the last time we were blown out. Probably the last game of the season last year against Washington, a Monday night game last year against Chicago and a Sunday night game two years ago against philly.

That's what Dallas do, we play up to our competition till the last two minutes.

A good friend of mine is a huge Cowboys fan. He went down to the game a few weeks ago, the one on Sept. 22 I believe, and he got pictures of him standing on the Star on the 50 yard line. I know you've been down to Dallas for a game or two, how does one get field access? I might go to Foxborough for a game in January, if school schedule doesn't let me, then next year, and maybe there would be a similar way to get on the field at Gilette.

Tony Gonzalez says he's not against being traded, team says there is no way they will trade him.

IMO, trade the guy. As much as he is respected in that locker room and loved by the fans and the city of Atlanta, he needs a legitimate shot at a ring. He even said, "these are the last 9 weeks of my career." It's kind of a slap in the face to say to him, "Yeah, we're probably not going to make the playoffs, and you're not going to have a chance to win a super bowl because we are going to make you drag you down with us the rest of the year.

Tony Gonzalez says he's not against being traded, team says there is no way they will trade him.

IMO, trade the guy. As much as he is respected in that locker room and loved by the fans and the city of Atlanta, he needs a legitimate shot at a ring. He even said, "these are the last 9 weeks of my career." It's kind of a slap in the face to say to him, "Yeah, we're probably not going to make the playoffs, and you're not going to have a chance to win a super bowl because we are going to make you drag you down with us the rest of the year.

I agree you would like to see him traded. KC seems like the obvious trade partner and would be a good story as well. But what would Alanta get for him you think? My guess maybe a 4th or conditional 3rd if they make say divisional rounds.

I agree you would like to see him traded. KC seems like the obvious trade partner and would be a good story as well. But what would Alanta get for him you think? My guess maybe a 4th or conditional 3rd if they make say divisional rounds.

Yeah KC would be a good choice not just for a feel good story but also gives KC a legitimate chance to at least win a playoff game if they make it.

Apparently Jared Allen's asking price was a 2nd, potentially a conditional 3rd depending on who the team was. So Gonzalez could probably fetch a 3rd. He showed last year and is showing this year he can still ball. If I were KC I would even consider giving them a 2nd for Gonzalez considering his immediate impact would be in the red zone, and it would free up Bowe and Charles as well.

In saying this, it would mean KC is going all in for this year considering they would be trading a long term probably starter (2nd round pick) for a rental for the rest of the year, and just maybe, if he changes his mind again, next year.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Apparently Jared Allen's asking price was a 2nd, potentially a conditional 3rd depending on who the team was. So Gonzalez could probably fetch a 3rd. He showed last year and is showing this year he can still ball. If I were KC I would even consider giving them a 2nd for Gonzalez considering his immediate impact would be in the red zone, and it would free up Bowe and Charles as well.

In saying this, it would mean KC is going all in for this year considering they would be trading a long term probably starter (2nd round pick) for a rental for the rest of the year, and just maybe, if he changes his mind again, next year.

KC is a good fit, assuming of course Alex Smith gets over his fear of throwing into coverage lol. I don't think they would give up anything more than a 3rd to get him. I think that is fair for 8-11 games, Gonzo won't be coming back next year I'd bet annything on that. So then you would think from Alantas view point if you are only getting a third is it worth it? Or would you rather just let him finish his career as falcon, have that big sell out game as a good bye gonzo home game?

I guess what I am saying is, though I think they should trade him, I get why they might not choose to to go that route.