The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Wasn't an extra point. It was a whole 21 yard field goal

Was it? Hah.

Vikings hit a 55 yard FG.. Buffalo doesn't even try and block it. Clock was running and the Vikings were hurrying.. perfect time for a block.

I don't get it.

Edited by Mr. Ambien

In the Seahawks defence. It's hard winning a Super Bowl, and then keeping that intensity during the next regular season. That's why it's very difficult to repeat.

There's also still plenty of time in the season to go, but it's going to look bleak if the Cardinals keep surprising. Those 49ers/Hawks games gonna be that much more meaningful later, especially in light of the last five 49ers games being Seahawks x2, Cards, Chargers, Raiders.

• Upvote 1

That's two tackles in the last 5 minutes on Seattle players that seem in the head area or borderline face masks.

Nice to see the NFL protect players.

Like all rules of discretion, the amount of inconsistency is inevitable. This is why, like the NHL, the NFL is fighting futility by trying to enforce "safety" in this manner.

On the Wilson slide, he absolutely deserved that hit.. late slide, guy was already launching himself at Wilson to tackle. Can't expect a defender to change his trajectory in mid-air.

Edited by Mr. Ambien

Apparently Sherman is excluded from holding calls, holding his receiver the entire pattern.

HAHAH I was hoping for a fake punt!

First down Rams!

It's not the slide, that was late. I was talking about the two high hits. One on Russell, and another on one of his receivers. They were grabs on the head. They were borderline horse collars, or face masks, take the body not the head.

What a game.

Decoy punt return for a TD then a converted fake punt from their inside their own 20 :lol:

As for the fumble at the end, I agree with Mike Pereira, they should have reviewed it, but the call on the field would have stood because there was no clear recovery. Sherman had a chance and the ball slipped between his legs and when he turned on his side he blocked any relevant camera angle.

49ers and Cardinals primed to run away with the division now and ultimately battle it out for the division title late in the season.

Edited by NucksPatsFan