The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Are you serious? Anyone with common sense knows that's a completion. He didn't have control? Yea, after he took 3 steps, got contacted by the defender, knee hit the ground by rule should be down and then both elbows. He lost control after that so it doesn't matter even though he recovered it. He was down before that.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/01/11/watch-the-dez-bryant-catch-that-wasnt-a-catch-in-cowboys-packers-game/

It actually looks like he did pretty well and kept his knees off the ground - his left knee actually looks like it should have come down except Dez kicks it up so that he could extend himself for the TD and not be ruled down at the 1

Right hand, then his elbows, at which point the ball makes contact with the ground

But I do feel like he had control before he went down - I mean, how else could have have the ball corralled in one hand when he's going to the ground? It would just slip out of his hand before he hits the ground if he didn't have control of it

Patriots vs Colts should be interesting

I don't think Rodgers stands a chance with that calf in Seattle

Personally hoping for a Colts vs Hawks SB

Wilson vs Luck - battle of the 2012 QBs

Edited by Dasein

Damn.

Who's gonna win the Stanley Cup? Might as well make some big money off you.

Tampa Bay is 12 to 1 odds. Anaheim is 7 to 1. Who do I take?

Or do you recommend someone else? Maybe Pittsburgh or Chicago? Chicago is 6.75 to 1, not much different from Anaheim.

As the prognosticator of all prognosticators you must have threw up a little in your mouth when you wrote this. BTW, did you take Carolina to keep it within 10 points? I can't post emoticons as I am mobile and don't know how but imagine one of them big ol pouty smileyface ones right here.

As the prognosticator of all prognosticators you must have threw up a little in your mouth when you wrote this. BTW, did you take Carolina to keep it within 10 points? I can't post emoticons as I am mobile and don't know how but imagine one of them big ol pouty smileyface ones right here.

Luckily I couldn't get the bet through from my phone.

Also, I don't prognosticate. I like to lay out the match ups and see how they stack up against each other and how that could influence the game. If you want to single out prognosticators, look no further than some of your fellow Seahawks fans who have seen 3 weeks into the future and have crowned them the Super Bowl champions already, 7 days before the conference championships have even been played.

They might as well help me make money in NHL betting.

Luckily I couldn't get the bet through from my phone.

Also, I don't prognosticate. I like to lay out the match ups and see how they stack up against each other and how that could influence the game. If you want to single out prognosticators, look no further than some of your fellow Seahawks fans who have seen 3 weeks into the future and have crowned them the Super Bowl champions already, 7 days before the conference championships have even been played.

They might as well help me make money in NHL betting.

Didn't you post the scores for this weekend a couple of pages ago? Aren't you also the guy who bets on the nfl weekly? Last time I checked that was prognosticating. Or are you saying because you weigh the odds you are somehow different from everyone else? Some of those Hawks posters you mentioned also stated why they thought they would win, so there's that.

It is fun watching you dance around your Seahawk hatred though. Your recent attempts to seem impartial are much appreciated.

f6_BY3JX_normal.jpegOdell Beckham Jr @OBJ_3 · 7h7 hours ago

How is Tht not a catch ?0 replies13,312 retweets10,888 favorites

Retweet13K

Favorite11K

More

f6_BY3JX_normal.jpegOdell Beckham Jr @OBJ_3 · 7h7 hours ago

I by no means cheer for Dallas but I have no idea what or how thts not called a catch . Thts a joke

There is also a ton of tweets from nfl'ers saying the call was correct given the rule so it doesn't exactly prove your point. Although many state they don't like the rule.

There is also a ton of tweets from nfl'ers saying the call was correct given the rule so it doesn't exactly prove your point. Although many state they don't like the rule.

I was trying to find some, but couldn't. Can you post some ? Curious to see other NFL players thoughts.

IMO stupidest rule in football is the "Calvin Johnson" or failure to complete the catch rule. It's obvious on all these rulings that the receivers have full control and the ground causes the ball to come out. Why don't they get the same help runners do?

I will admit though, as previously said on here, I did crack a slight smile that a rule that came into effect because of the Lions is what ended up screwing over the Cowboys in this game.

Also to everybody saying one play doesn't make a game. If you look at in totality yes that is true, plays could have been made earlier, but plays/calls like this do determine a game because it's then most likely a touchdown for Dallas on the next play or two. That's 6 points. I think they lost by 5. Same as in the Lions game last week, sure they didn't play great the second half, but on that play if the penalty is upheld they get 3 on that possession. That means on the last drive they only need a field goal to win so the play calling on the strip sack would probably been different with a quicker route as they were on about Dallas' 45 with a minute and a half left.

Sorry cowboys fans you won a game on a horrid call and lost one on a horrid call don't really have anything to complain about.

If the right call was made last week you wouldn't even be here.

One bad call we can overlook.

Two bad calls? That's unforgivable.

Emotions of the game over with one play never decides a game. Aaron Rodgers played lights out in the 4th quarter, and Dallas managed to keep pace with him. Fantastic season and couldn't be more proud of them. Finally a season to be proud of.

28th overall pick and some key free agents to resign.

• Upvote 1

f36c86.jpg

This call will be argued over for years. Hell, they might even refer to it as the Dez Bryant rule should it ever be changed again.

The part that had me siding with the overturned call is that his 3 "steps" were more stumbles than steps. That has no bearing on whether or not a pass is complete on a sideline though as long as each foot or toe touches down.

Both feet down and a football move for possession. I saw 3 stumbly steps toward the sideline and endzone, and a leap that sent the ball into the ground resulting in a juggle.

I mean $&!#, major grey area either way, If the call stands it's understandable yet, not without controversy. Overturned, the same.

I figure this rule might be amended slightly this offseason.

I was trying to find some, but couldn't. Can you post some ? Curious to see other NFL players thoughts.

I can't even post emoticons so I won't be able to help you with that one. Perhaps I should have chosen a better word than nfl'ers as the ones I saw were mostly pundits and former players. I was looking on nfl.com, si, espn and such and I saw a bunch. Maybe not as many that disagreed with the ruling but I digress. Dungy, Schefter and Neon Deon were some that I saw. I think as per the rule it was the right call but I personally think he had enough possession to consider it a catch. The rule needs a change. I'm sure we'll see something this offseason.

f36c86.jpg

This call will be argued over for years. Hell, they might even refer to it as the Dez Bryant rule should it ever be changed again.

The part that had me siding with the overturned call is that his 3 "steps" were more stumbles than steps. That has no bearing on whether or not a pass is complete on a sideline though as long as each foot or toe touches down.

Both feet down and a football move for possession. I saw 3 stumbly steps toward the sideline and endzone, and a leap that sent the ball into the ground resulting in a juggle.

I mean crap, major grey area either way, If the call stands it's understandable yet, not without controversy. Overturned, the same.

I figure this rule might be amended slightly this offseason.

I think you nailed it on the head with the stumbling thing. As he was in the process of going to the ground, the ground comes into play no matter how long it took. The reach was the only thing that could be considered a football play but the fact that it came simultaneously with going to the ground, the ground was still in play. Tough call and either way it would have been the story of the day and rightfully so. Stupid rule.