The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

I made predictions in response to another poster's predictions, by stating who I think will win, not flat out guaranteeing wins.

I haven't bet on the NFL since like week 4.

Your obsession with me [and some other Pats fans] is flattering. Just don't start following me into other threads.

Edit: If you have any intention of starting an argument regarding your team vs mine, my rebuttal is my dad is stronger than your dad. We can leave it at that.

Don't flatter yourself. Anywhere there is blind Seahawk hate I will be there. You keep spouting, i'll keep responding.

I was trying to find some, but couldn't. Can you post some ? Curious to see other NFL players thoughts.

Tony Dungy @TonyDungy Follow

Even though 99% of people would say Dez play should be a catch--including me--it has been consistently called no catch for the last 5 years.

Basically saying he hates the rule, but according to the rule it was the right call.

His best chance of winning a ring is signing with Detroit or Buffalo, Buffalo would be perfect for him.

Wouldn't the Jets be a better option? Have higher draft picks to get better talent around him than pretty much any team with a solid d but looking for a qb.

They have a decent o-line similar to Denver...

He already has Decker, potentially Harvin, and Chris Johnson as weapons a young TE in Jace Amaro as well who can be his Julius Thomas lite.

A really good front that needs some upgrades in the secondary and he will have exactly what he had in Denver. Gets to go against Brady stays in the AFC and is close to his bro Eli and can fatten his wallet with more endorsement deals and public promotions while in New York even if he doesn't get a ring out of it.

The other great fix I see is Houston has Arian Foster at RB and Deandre Hopkins and Andre Johnson at WR.

JJ Watt on D along with a healthy Clowney next year potentially. Solid d and o.

Edited by Chip Kelly

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/01/11/watch-the-dez-bryant-catch-that-wasnt-a-catch-in-cowboys-packers-game/

It actually looks like he did pretty well and kept his knees off the ground - his left knee actually looks like it should have come down except Dez kicks it up so that he could extend himself for the TD and not be ruled down at the 1

Right hand, then his elbows, at which point the ball makes contact with the ground

But I do feel like he had control before he went down - I mean, how else could have have the ball corralled in one hand when he's going to the ground? It would just slip out of his hand before he hits the ground if he didn't have control of it

Yeah Manning and the Sedins are both more known for being cerebral than having great physical traits.

Also Flaccco is tuning into Eli Manning. Up and down in the regular season and then can get hot in the playoffs. If you give him time to throw early he can get into a rhythm like Eli and pick the d apart. Also he is not afraid to take chances and throw deep balls into tight coverage sometimes that works and sometimes it looks really bad.

Stafford I think might be the most overrated qb in the league right now. He plays like Brett Favre side arms throws really undisciplined in his reads and mechanics his receivers tend to bail him out a lot.

Especially Megatron bails out Stafford. Romo chucks and ducks it up there for Dez sometimes and gives him a chance to make a play on the ball in the air for him.

@985TheSportsHub:

Steve Smith Sr. Apparently Tried To Fight Jermaine Wiggins After Loss To Patriots On Saturday http://t.co/f2J1pM5Hj5 http://t.co/N4fgcpM8VK

Well damn. Have always loved Steve Smith as a big time WR but now I ge why the Panthers let him go. As great as he is, he has issues and probably why they got sick of him and stripped away his captaincy. Sore loser. No defending what he did, pretty pathetic.

@985TheSportsHub:

Steve Smith Sr. Apparently Tried To Fight Jermaine Wiggins After Loss To Patriots On Saturday http://t.co/f2J1pM5Hj5 http://t.co/N4fgcpM8VK

Well damn. Have always loved Steve Smith as a big time WR but now I ge why the Panthers let him go. As great as he is, he has issues and probably why they got sick of him and stripped away his captaincy. Sore loser. No defending what he did, pretty pathetic.

He was great on and off the field the enitre year with the Ravens. Seems to be an old feud and Smith is fiery guy of course. He shouldn't have done that imo but this is just one side of the story.

As long as he's not fighting with his own teammates whatever.

Wouldn't the Jets be a better option? Have higher draft picks to get better talent around him than pretty much any team with a solid d but looking for a qb.

They have a decent o-line similar to Denver...

He already has Decker, potentially Harvin, and Chris Johnson as weapons a young TE in Jace Amaro as well who can be his Julius Thomas lite.

A really good front that needs some upgrades in the secondary and he will have exactly what he had in Denver. Gets to go against Brady stays in the AFC and is close to his bro Eli and can fatten his wallet with more endorsement deals and public promotions while in New York even if he doesn't get a ring out of it.

The other great fix I see is Houston has Arian Foster at RB and Deandre Hopkins and Andre Johnson at WR.

JJ Watt on D along with a healthy Clowney next year potentially. Solid d and o.

Buffalo team wise is the best. But come playoff time the weather is going to be an issue for him.

Houston would almost be the perfect if he can convince Demaryius Thomas to sign with the Texans as well. They play in a dome too. Wouldn't have to rely too much on his arm with Foster in the backfield.

Edited by Jiggs50

Thought this was pretty funny. Something tells me this guy will be trying to get in Gronk's grill again and be talking smacking to Patriot players on Sunday.

Maybe the new Pollard thorn in the side for Patriots fans if he actually makes some plays and doesn't get penalized or blocked into the sidelines.

:lol:

I hope he plays exactly how he did the last time the Pats and Colts played him. Gronk eliminated him from the run game all together.

Colts secondary = guys cut by Belichick.

But that video is awesome. 2nd video I've seen of the Colts celebrating with the Ric Flair this season.

On another note though, feels weird going into a AFCCG against a team I have no problem with. There's not a single player on the Colts who irks me, and Andrew Luck fascinates me. There's no bad blood at all. Weird.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Stafford? Lol please. He has his quietest games when it matters.

Oh yes, because Manning himself is such a huge playoff performer..

Nonetheless, Stafford will be playing on a good Lions team with an improved defense and offensive line. If Stafford has a bad game in the playoffs, you can switch in Manning at half and have him chuck it up to Megatron, Tate, and Ebron the entire 2nd half.