The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

I have him in the Top 5 right now. I have no love or hate for him or the Patriots, so I'm pretty impartial. If he gets a 5th ring, I would be hard pressed to say that he wasn't the best. For now, I personally only have Montana and Unitas ahead of him.

The problem is that all 3 of them are from different eras. With football, it's very difficult to quantify something like, "the greatest of all time".

Even without a fifth ring, Brady hands down, is the best QB of this current era.

Unitas nah. I have Montana and Brady as the top 2. If Brady wins another one he’s hands down the best. That’s just my opinion (obviously slightly biased).

We're not really trolling to the point where we're making asinine comments. Before the game, the thread was littered with Patriots haters labelling us as cheaters with the whole Deflategate thing going on. It pissed all of us off as it was something that labelled us as something we aren't. We weren't wondering why everyone dislikes us, since we already knew why. Just the fact that fans in this thread who were non Pats supporters no matter which team they rooted for kept bantering on about how we were cheaters and that we would never win because we're cheaters and Seattle being a better team than us and all that other nonsense made it that much more sweeter when we won.

All season long, we've endured countless bashing on us Pats when we lost huge against the Chiefs early in the season and how the Seahawks were unstoppable as the season progressed and they vaulted themselves into the #1 seed. Especially during the playoffs, all I saw was how the Seahawks would repeat and after the Green Bay game, there was no way the Seahawks could lose. All those Seahawks fanboys that talked big prior to the game haven't even said a word in this thread because they talked big and are now shutting up because they lost. Like NPF said, you're the only one annoyed by this. Hell I even got appreciation from neversummer in the GDT because I wasn't being cocky and going overboard about the win.

I'm not annoyed.

I called out NPF for trolling after the game and was met with a barrage of posts from all of the resident Pats fans stating that the 'Hawks fans had it coming. Even your post above states this.

All it really does is support my original statement that you showed little, if any class in victory.

Unitas nah. I have Montana and Brady as the top 2. If Brady wins another one he’s hands down the best. That’s just my opinion (obviously slightly biased).

That's where I come in. I'm pretty impartial. The only team in the league I have a palpable dislike for is the Dallas Cowboys. There are many people who saw both Unitas and Montana play that will tell you that Unitas was the best. I just saw so much of the success that Montana had when I was a kid, that it would be difficult for me to put any QB in his place. Now that I've seen Tom Brady win 4 super Bowls on top of having great regular seasons, it's easy for me to put him in the Top 3.

Edited by SabreFan1

That's where I come in. I'm pretty impartial. The only team in the league I have a palpable dislike for is the Dallas Cowboys. There are many people who saw both Unitas and Montana play that will tell you that Unitas was the best. I just saw so much of the success that Montana had when I was a kid, that it would be difficult for me to put any QB in his place. Now that I've seen Tom Brady win 4 super Bowls on top of having great regular seasons, it's easy for me to put him in the Top 3.

It eventually comes down to people's personal rankings.

Some will say Montana 1 because he is 4-0 in the Super Bowl and Brady is 4-2.

Some will say Brady 1 because he could get his team to 6 super bowls and Montana only to 4.

And then you could analyze the surrounding cast.

Ultimately, there will never be a consensus.

It eventually comes down to people's personal rankings.

Some will say Montana 1 because he is 4-0 in the Super Bowl and Brady is 4-2.

Some will say Brady 1 because he could get his team to 6 super bowls and Montana only to 4.

And then you could analyze the surrounding cast.

Ultimately, there will never be a consensus.

Around The NFL

‏@AroundTheNFL

Joe Montana played with 12 offensive Pro Bowlers in his four title years. Brady played with 2.

• Upvote 1

What kind of merchandise have you guys bought? [Pats fans]

I've bought a couple t shirts and a long sleeve shirt, 1 pull over hoodie, a lanyard, a toque, and a 15x17 plaque that has 6 pictures from the Super Bowl game, a replica ticket, name and picture of the stadium, and the scores from all 3 games this post season.

Luckily the Pats pro shop and NFL shop didn't jack up their prices to take advantage of fans on endorphin highs. Sounds like a lot of stuff but ended up being relatively cheap [About the price of 1 jersey which are about $120 on nfl shop right now].

Just 1 purchase left to complete my list, and that's a couple patches to stitch onto 2 jerseys, since my Brady already has the 04 patch, need to patch my Edelman and Gronk.

The day after the Super Bowl I ended up buying:

Super Bowl XLIX Champions hoodie (it has We Are All Patriots on it)

Blu Ray copy of the Super Bowl

Championship Locker Room towel (to hang somewhere)

Lanyard that has champions on it

My question is where locally can I get a stitched Patriots jersey?

I only have 1 NFL jersey and its a laser printed Hasselbeck one I got when I went to a Seahawks game. If anyone knows a place in the Lower Mainland or Vancouver where I can get a stitched player name & number jersey, please let me know.

The day after the Super Bowl I ended up buying:

Super Bowl XLIX Champions hoodie (it has We Are All Patriots on it)

Blu Ray copy of the Super Bowl

Championship Locker Room towel (to hang somewhere)

Lanyard that has champions on it

My question is where locally can I get a stitched Patriots jersey?

I only have 1 NFL jersey and its a laser printed Hasselbeck one I got when I went to a Seahawks game. If anyone knows a place in the Lower Mainland or Vancouver where I can get a stitched player name & number jersey, please let me know.

The 2 true authentic, fully triple stitched jerseys, on field jerseys I have (White Moss, Blue Brady) I got online. Don't think any stores in lower mainland will sell them unless they customer order you one.

Unless you're talking about replica but still stitched jerseys (the ones that sell for about $120). You can get those at jersey city, or vancity sports, or even sport chek sometimes.

Letroy Guion, you the real mvp.

nfl_crime_scene_600x400.jpg

Packers defensive tackle Letroy Guion was arrested for felony possession of marijuana and felony possession of a firearm in his hometown of Starke, Florida, according to a police report.

Officers seized 357 grams of marijuana, more than $190,000 in cash and a 9mm semi-automatic handgun in Letroy Guion's truck.

Guion was found to have 357 grams of marijuana after his truck was pulled over Tuesday night.

The officer who searched the truck also found more than $190,000 in one of the bags in which the marijuana was located, according to the police report. Both the currency and truck were seized and secured due to the amount of marijuana found.

According to the police report, Guion was "extremely uncooperative and hostile" while the truck was initially searched. The officer reported that Guion "kept coming toward the vehicle several times saying, 'Hey man, my money is in there. Don't let him take my money.'"

Guion then was secured in handcuffs.

Police said the total amount of cash was $190,028.81.

Guion was initially pulled over by police for "failure to maintain a single lane," according to the report. The 315-pound Guion was partially hanging out of the driver's side window, at which point the officer smelled marijuana, the report said.

Guion told police he had a weapon that was registered to him, and they found a 9mm semi-automatic handgun.

According to the Bradford County Sheriff's Office, Guion was released on $100,000 bond.

Guion, 27, joined the Packers last offseason and started every game. The former Minnesota Viking recorded a career-best 3.5 sacks.