The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

It's there. Reads something like tuck rule and spygate.

If this is your criteria, very few teams from 1990 onwards would not have asterisks beside their super bowls.

From admitting to using illegal substances to catch balls, to admitting to tampering with the texture of the ball, to HGHs, to being penalized for having rosters that exceed the salary cap, to having murderers on your team, to admitting to paying employees to make the balls illegal, to hitting receivers 10 yards down field, to having rapists on your team, to having abnormally large foreheads, to putting bounties on opposing players, to PEDs.

Lol at the tuck rule. They went onto the Super Bowl and took down the greatest offense in recent NFL history at the time, the greatest show on turf. They showed they deserved to be there.

Should the Giants have an asterisk because that 49ers punt returner took his eyes off the ball and fumbled it? C'mon man. You're a more intelligent football fan than that.

Lol. Rice, the "goat" caught hundreds of catches and used fricken stickum. If that's not major idk what is. Pats "spied" aka filmed which all teams did, and numerous came out and admitted they did too. Pats got the ax because they were having so much success. Oh, and Montana, yea, he took HGH, coach spied, and played with tampered football - all of these which he admitted.

What Rice did was what a lot of other people did. Plus the gloves the players use today are stickum x10. So should we just ignore all the accomplishments and stats by wrs going forward?

The Pats got the axe because they were cheating like no tommorow. Any proof of the accusations your making?

Never heard of Montana and hgh before. Another bs rumor you probably made up.

You ride that Brady d nicely. Just read what you wrote. Crazy talk...

Edited by Jiggs50

They would without a doubt franchise him if it was 16.5 million. However I'd be surprised if they do because the price to franchise him is actually 26.5. If it's only gonna buy you another year of him and he just leaves next year anyways I'd say it would be unfortunate but may as well rip off the band aid already. The only thing though is that he is such an irreplaceable player that I'd be willing to consider the possiblilty of keeping Suh and having next year be Calvin's last. Nobody has the physical talents and skill set put together, but he always seems to be banged up and we proved we can win without him last year. Suh on the other hand missed one practice last year and it was the first he has ever missed.

If we lose Suh I would love to put the money towards Iupati and Pierre-Paul to create an edge tandem of Ansah and Pierre Paul. Hopefully Fairley may come back cheap and kick Jason Jones inside and I'm not happy, but not crushed either

Damn, it's 26.5? I must've read the 2 as a 1 then lol. Yeah, especially with Golden Tate outside, you can't replace Calvin but you could total the output he gives you over 11-12 games with a big, tall, fast receiver over 16 games. Just hope CJ doesn't go to a division rival.... Maybe, you know, he wouldn't mind catching balls from Tom. :)

What Rice did was what a lot of other people did. Plus the gloves the players use today are stickum x10. So should we just ignore all the accomplishments and stats by wrs going forward?

The Pats got the axe because they were cheating like no tommorow. Any proof of the accusations your making?

Never heard of Montana and hgh before. Another bs rumor you probably made up.

You ride that Brady d nicely. Just read what you wrote. Crazy talk...

You should do your research instead of talking out of hate.

I was expecting you to say something like "Pats > Chicago Bulls" lul.

lel

What Rice did was what a lot of other people did.

A lot of other teams filmed signals before it became illegal. It was within the rules to film signals as long as you didn't use those tapes during the same game up until 06.

A lot of other teams, actually, every other team tampers with footballs.

A lot of other teams win games based off of calls the REFS make or don't make that have nothing to do with the winning team.

Move on.

From admitting to using illegal substances to catch balls, to admitting to tampering with the texture of the ball, to HGHs, to being penalized for having rosters that exceed the salary cap, to having murderers on your team, to admitting to paying employees to make the balls illegal, to hitting receivers 10 yards down field, to having rapists on your team, to having abnormally large foreheads, to putting bounties on opposing players, to PEDs.

Yeah but all teams were involved in this. So is it really cheating then?

I would still be saying tuck rule and spygate if it wasn't the Patriots. If it's any other team, you probably are too.

Yeah but all teams were involved in this. So is it really cheating then?

I would still be saying tuck rule and spygate if it wasn't the Patriots. If it's any other team, you probably are too.

Like I said, tuck rule helped them win that game, but they still had to go on and play the super bowl and play the greatest show on turf and beat them to win the Super Bowl. It's not like the tuck rule magically awarded them the Super Bowl.

Spygate - Patriots penalized for filming Jets signals in week 1 game in 2007 since the rule changed from being allowed to film signals and not use them during the same game to not being allowed at all.

So, not sure what that has to do with winning Super Bowls 2, 3, and 5 years prior to that. Like your defense for Jerry Rice, "every other player/team did that," every other team/player filmed signals when it was legal.

If you want to go after a team that actually broke NFL rules that were in place at the time to help them win during the same year they won the Super Bowl, go after Denver. Fined nearly a million dollars, a 3rd round pick, another 100 thousand dollars for their cheating during the 2 years they won back to back Super Bowls.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Like I said, tuck rule helped them win that game, but they still had to go on and play the super bowl and play the greatest show on turf and beat them to win the Super Bowl. It's not like the tuck rule magically awarded them the Super Bowl.

Spygate - Patriots penalized for filming Jets signals in week 1 game in 2007 since the rule changed from being allowed to film signals and not use them during the same game to not being allowed at all.

So, not sure what that has to do with winning Super Bowls 2, 3, and 5 years prior to that. Like your defense for Jerry Rice, "every other player/team did that," every other team/player filmed signals when it was legal.

I and more than half the football see it differently. Whatever. Moving on!

Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley people?

Yeah don't like Elway either haha. Cheaters!

Edited by Jiggs50

The 2 big QBs entering the NFL draft this year.

Winston

Mariota

Who goes to what team.

I'm going to go off the board and say Winston goes 1st to Tampa.

Mariota drops far enough for the Eagles to package a deal to draft him.

If Chip Kelly could pull this off the NFL would truly see what his offence is capable of.

I think Mariota will fall in the draft because he was part of such a specialized offence. He doesn't have the decision making experience that is needed to run a traditional NFL offence.

I would officially watch the NFL and become a Eagles fan if this was to transpire.

Damn, it's 26.5? I must've read the 2 as a 1 then lol. Yeah, especially with Golden Tate outside, you can't replace Calvin but you could total the output he gives you over 11-12 games with a big, tall, fast receiver over 16 games. Just hope CJ doesn't go to a division rival.... Maybe, you know, he wouldn't mind catching balls from Tom. :)

I've heard crazier ideas than Calvin to NE. Makes sense but hope it doesn't happen. Would rather him go to a team i could root for him to win on. Purely off the top of my head is SD or Indy, doubt either of those would happen though.

A guy I'd like to see them take a chance on would be green-beckham in round 2. Personal trouble kind of scares me especially after the whole titus young in rd 2 thing but you cannot deny the tools he has. Would be a top 10 maybe 5 pick with a clean record

I've heard crazier ideas than Calvin to NE. Makes sense but hope it doesn't happen. Would rather him go to a team i could root for him to win on. Purely off the top of my head is SD or Indy, doubt either of those would happen though.

A guy I'd like to see them take a chance on would be green-beckham in round 2. Personal trouble kind of scares me especially after the whole titus young in rd 2 thing but you cannot deny the tools he has. Would be a top 10 maybe 5 pick with a clean record

Indy would be wise to use their cap space and draft assets on a RB and help on defense. They need upgrades on their D line, their line backers, and their secondary.

Apparently the Bucs really like Mariota. Winston is the guy you want though!

DGB is a huge risk. Especially after Josh Gordon. Who knows. Plus I hear his route running stinks

Winston to Mike Evans is too lethal to pass up in regards to pure skill of the Qb and the Wr.

Could also back fire if Winston decides not to mature.

The 2 big QBs entering the NFL draft this year.

Winston

Mariota

Who goes to what team.

I'm going to go off the board and say Winston goes 1st to Tampa.

Mariota drops far enough for the Eagles to package a deal to draft him.

If Chip Kelly could pull this off the NFL would truly see what his offence is capable of.

I think Mariota will fall in the draft because he was part of such a specialized offence. He doesn't have the decision making experience that is needed to run a traditional NFL offence.

I would officially watch the NFL and become a Eagles fan if this was to transpire.

I don't think he drops that far and if he does I don't think he'd start next year. I think they'll give Foles back his starting job and maybe draw special plays for Mariota or until Foles gets injured since he's not durable.

Looks like another good year for Jets to draft and ruin another potential quaterback. First Sanchez, then Geno and now Mariota

We all said that a few pages ago. I have him in my #3 spot right now behind Montana and Unitas. One more ring and he will be the greatest as far as I'm concerned.

Tom Brady has pretty much never had a RB either the fact he wins with no RB year after year is pretty remarkable.

That's because literally every single player that caught a football back then was using Stickum

Not all but enough that it made it funny when you would see it on their jersey's. Rice used it, but he's still the best receiver ever. He was a beast when he trained in the offseason.

Also, the gloves they use today are even better than stick-um.

Edited by SabreFan1

I didn’t say they were the greatest dynasty lol

They’re definitely up there though.

That's the magic of Brady and to a lesser extent, Belichick. A top 3 of all time quarterback will make everybody better. That's what makes a great athlete in any sport.