The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Happy 63rd birthday to arguably the best coach in NFL history, Bill Belichick. Just looking at him, he doesn't look like he's 63 but rather in his early 50's... Man stays in shape and is healthy!

If only he didnt dress like his clothes came out of a dumpster. I dunno man. Carroll is 1 year older and looks years younger and healthier.

Tired of waiting for the draft like get on with it should be the week after March Madness and after the Masters dead zone in sports with NBA and NHL gear up for playoffs.

Why be so arrogant and steal attention from NBA and NHL playoffs now.

I agree, the NFL draft takes wayyyyyy to long. A guy ends up forgetting about it.

I'd consider Mariota more NFL ready and also a better face of an NFL team. I gotta say I think Mariota's the better QB

Look at my sig, I have watched almost every televised game he played for Oregon. I love the guy, favourite Football player of all time.

I will be the first to tell you that he has more raw talent than any other player in the draft, but he is NOT NFL ready.

The Oregon Ducks run an almost mechanical, rhythm type offence. He rarely drops into the pocket, he rarely makes decisions everything is about motion and timing.

If he somehow ends up on the Eagles, him and Kelly will absolutely light up the NFL. If he goes anyplace else he will struggle with the speed and power of the NFL, he will struggle in the pocket.

He played in the PAC 12, Stanford is about the closest NFL style team he played with regularity and as we all know they were his kryptonite. They hit him and kept him out of his rhythm, which would rattle him and then he would completely unravel. They would force him to make passes out of the pocket where he was brutally inaccurate.

As much as I love the guy I would take Winston, or another player in a different position before I took Mariota that high, I would even take a chance on Manzel before I took him.

He has 0 experience running anything close to an an NFL style offence.

That being said I would be extatic if he proved me wrong. Whatever team drafts him will be my new favourite team.

R.I.P Philidelphia 2015

The hate doesn't really make sense. Tebow wasn't signed to be the starter or even the #2 QB. He was signed as the #3 QB and in those terms he was easily more valuable than Matt Barkley. He is literally a no risk signing with potential reward.

Pats Nate Solder played every game last year after being diagnosed with testicular cancer. Man this guy is just a phenominal player. Didn't make a big media story to gain attention and just went about his business, played every game, won the SB,...so happy BB got Nate. He's a stud.