The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thoughts on #36? Jannik Hansen

BurnabyJoe

I've always been a Hansen fan. The only issue I've had with his play is when his checking suffers because he is focusing too much on offense. When he starts to score he does not work as hard on the forecheck. All he needs to do is remember what got him to where he is. There is no reason he can't do both.

He's an amazing third line winger. I don't see him having the offensive power to play in the top 6 permanently though.

He probably had a career year last year and will never break last years mark.

That being said, if he keeps up what he did last year, he might be moved up for a while when things aren't going smoothly.

Very overrated in terms of his offensive capabilities.

Is NOT a top-6 forward, and if people want to throw stats at me, he played with the damn Sedins for a little bit during the season. Of course he's going to get points. Sean Avery would be a 30 goal scorer playing with the Sedins.

Perfect 3rd liner, nothing more.

I absolutely believe that Hansen could be on Kesler's wing this season. His offensive skill is really beginning to come around, and with his apparent preference to pass rather then shoot approach; This could be a nice fit with Kesler. I would like to see Jensen on the opposite wing with Hansen. Playing with a fellow Dane could really elevate Jensen's game. Both have a hard nosed attitude along the boards and are patient with the puck. I think the potential of a Jensen, Kesler, Hansen line could be amazing.

During the preseason I would like to see a line of Jensen, Gaunce and Hansen. I don't believe Gaunce will get a real serious look this year. I think they will more or less just assess his skills and give him a list of what they want him to work on for the upcoming season and let him know where he stands. However, he is very similar to Kesler and would provide Canucks brass with a preseason replacement for Kesler.

Very overrated in terms of his offensive capabilities.

Is NOT a top-6 forward, and if people want to throw stats at me, he played with the damn Sedins for a little bit during the season. Of course he's going to get points. Sean Avery would be a 30 goal scorer playing with the Sedins.

Perfect 3rd liner, nothing more.

My thoughts? My favourite player.

What's his peak? I think he can pull off 50 points, twenty goals, he only keeps getting better. He will be a third liner, but get the odd shift in the top six probably every game. He can play any where in the line up.

Don't trade the Dane. Ever.

I think he can become a top 6 guy in a few years, he plays hard and has the on ice vision. Look at what Samuelsson was able to do with the Sedins and Kesler. Maybe when Jensen is up in the bigs he'll develop a little chemistry with him. I like the guy and i hope he's on the team for a while

I believe he will break 50 points (not consistently) before his career is over.

He is an excellent third liner.

Workhorse out there.

Passing is underrated.

I don't think his trade value is particularly high.

He's worth much more to us than other teams.

A perfect 3rd liner yes but to say he is NOT a top-6 forward must mean you are the greatest NHL scout ever! Its not like he played with the Sedins all season on the top line. I think the strongest asset for Hansen is his versatility and if he was given substantial time on the second line I think he could make that transition because of his work ethic and his determination. At the very least I wouldn't be so quick to say that he can be nothing more.

Archived