The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Giants thread

Rate this topic

TACIC

7-5 game over. Entertaining hockey, Giants made a game of it, but fell apart in the 2nd.

I dont feel like they fell apart . I just think you may be underestimating what Benson means to this team . This kid is something special . His team plays bigger when he's in the line up . 16 years old !! this dude is a beast

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw both Giants games in the weekend in Prince George and Benson was basically invisible. I was expecting something a little more after all the talking up he's been getting in this thread. The games were fairly close and entertaining though.

Edit: Should add that he did seem to be a pretty good skater.

Edited by LarsEller

I saw both Giants games in the weekend in Prince George and Benson was basically invisible. I was expecting something a little more after all the talking up he's been getting in this thread. The games were fairly close and entertaining though.

Edit: Should add that he did seem to be a pretty good skater.

he is still a 16 year old but I think he will impress us all in the near future .. these young guys are just learning how to work together .. we can't expect that this is the year they are gonna be champions ..

Wow? Loved how Benson stick lifted the D's stick to create an offensive chance then just coasted off the wing. Show's that his skill is there along with that speed.

people are saying " Imagine this kid at 18 "

forget about 18 ... imagine how this kid will look near the end of the season .. he's getting better every game .. giants are for real

• 3 weeks later...

I really thought the Giants would be better this year and started out pretty good..but...alas..same old ,same old..another year of futility...Ronning out for ages..Bensen away for an eternity and Stukel hurt as well..loss after loss piling up..last place again.

Im betting that they will fire the coach . they definitely did not expect to be last place .

I give troy ward a week at most , if that even .

I think this team is actually worse than last year..they play like they dont care..you could be right about Ward...I still say Tim Hunter would have been the better choice...

Troy Ward...fired as of this afternoon.

Source: TSN1040 (Taylor and Moj). Heard it on the drive home today.