The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks charity game OCT 17th

AriGold

Thanks for posting some pics! Wish I could have made it but I was able to pick it up on 1040.

Anyone know how much money was raised total with ticket sales,auction etc? Not a biggie,just curious. Again,tip of the hat to

the players,attendees. Really nice to see folks being proactive with these types of charities.

Thanks for posting some pics! Wish I could have made it but I was able to pick it up on 1040.

Anyone know how much money was raised total with ticket sales,auction etc? Not a biggie,just curious. Again,tip of the hat to

the players,attendees. Really nice to see folks being proactive with these types of charities.

I'm doing a fundraiser for BC Children's Hospital and at the game I suddenly had the idea to write down quickly what I'm doing and how I can use help getting the word out. I said the fundraiser can all be verified by the hospital and gave my number. I gave the paper to Edler.

I know it's slim but any chance one of them gets intrigued enough to get back to me?

Buble on not playing (the guy's hilarious):

“I’m not going to say what [the injury is], but it was a lower-body [injury],” he said. “It’s actually most of my lower body and my also upper body that didn’t allow me to play tonight. And, it was probably the greatest decision that I’ve ever made in my lifetime, not playing, because it was a competitive game, and I think those UBC boys would have kicked my butt pretty bad.”

He also made reference to the fact that the T-Birds looked like they were straight out of Slapshot...I'd thought the exact same thing right before he said it. The uni's, the long hair.

Archived