The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

yeah del rio's run is just so horrible compared to kane's run, mysterios pathetic run, dolph ziggler's pathetic run, khali's pathetic run, and jack swagger and king booker, yes king booker's run.

you guys try way too hard to bash del rio it's almost comical. after triple h stopped challenging for that title, it meant nothing. hell, the only good period since then was jeff hardy and cm punk's feud

as long as they are putting on an entertaining wrestling show, I'm happy

thats one thing i'd have to worry about. i get you think tna is the #1 company, and if it entertains you, that's fine. but at some point carter's money (and spike's money for that matter) will cut its losses and spike will ditch them unless there's improvements. idk if you guys understand how much a good house show means, but 300 people is not a good house and doesn't pay the bills. for the price of impact tapings, 1500 people doesn't pay the bills

Good wrestling with free tickets don't necessarily equal financial success lol.

They are giving them away when people donate to a food bank or something, I wish them all the success in the world, but atleast they are doing something good with the free tickets.

thats one thing i'd have to worry about. i get you think tna is the #1 company, and if it entertains you, that's fine. but at some point carter's money (and spike's money for that matter) will cut its losses and spike will ditch them unless there's improvements. idk if you guys understand how much a good house show means, but 300 people is not a good house and doesn't pay the bills. for the price of impact tapings, 1500 people doesn't pay the bills

TNA is clearly #2 in NA, #3 in the world, but to me its the most entertaining wrestling product right now.

Anyways on to the bigger point you both made, Obviously I wish them all the success in the world, and I hope they grow and become big, but at the same time, I want to see entertained, and thats really whats most important.

Maybe in a year or 2 I will like WWE more, or a I won't watch at all, right now all I care about is seeing an entertaining wrestling show, and TNA does it for me.

So I do wish them all the success in the world, but I'm not one of these guys that really cares about that kind of stuff, and ratings and whatever all that much.

yeah del rio's run is just so horrible compared to kane's run, mysterios pathetic run, dolph ziggler's pathetic run, khali's pathetic run, and jack swagger and king booker, yes king booker's run.

you guys try way too hard to bash del rio it's almost comical. after triple h stopped challenging for that title, it meant nothing. hell, the only good period since then was jeff hardy and cm punk's feud

Del Rio's run really isn't any better than the ones you mentioned IMO. No one cares about him being WHC. They just need to get rid of the WHC. It's just a glorified mid-card title at this point.

The Intercontinental and US titles really should be what guys like Del Rio and Ziggler go after until they make the jump to the WWE title.

Maybe in a year or 2 I will like WWE more, or a I won't watch at all, right now all I care about is seeing an entertaining wrestling show, and TNA does it for me.

I doubt you'll enjoy it as long as it's PG. :lol: Edited by Guest

doesn't matter if the product is pg or not. before 1997 wwe was a pg product and it was great... well except 1995. we'll forget that year ever existed

yeah, but even at 1.0 or whatever, its probably one of spike's highest rated shows. I've heard roh gets on average about 1 million viewers every week, combined through syndication

Jim Ross Retires From WWE

A legend is done with the company...

- Jim Ross has retired from his position with WWE. The legendary commentator announced the neew on WWE.com, noting that he was leaving in order to focus on "personal business endeavors" such as his JR's Barbecue company. The article thanks Ross for his service both to WWE and all of sports entertainment.

Vince McMahon tweeted the following in response to the announcement:

Thank you @JRsBBQ for 20 years of service with @WWE.

Triple H also commented on Twitter, saying:

Can't thank you enough @JRsBBQ for all you've done for me personally and for @WWE ... Enjoy your time, you've earned it!!! #thankyouJR

The company has also reposted the video from Jim Ross Appreciation Night last October, which you can see here. Meanwhile, "Jim Ross" is trending worldwide on Twitter and the hastag #ThankYouJR is being used by fans to share their favorite Ross memories.

yeah, but even at 1.0 or whatever, its probably one of spike's highest rated shows. I've heard roh gets on average about 1 million viewers every week, combined through syndication

tna's been spike's highest rated show for years and thats not saying much in regards to that network. tna's been a failing investment for years now. the carters and spike have been pouring money in to that company for years so when the negotiations come up, tna will most likely have no leverage in talks. bringing in hogan did nothing, bringing in flair did nothing, kevin nash? nope. even kurt angle? jeff hardy? merchandise sales probably increased but ratings and house show attendance and... just anything overall in that company has shown no significant improvement, despite bringing in all these big names. tna caters to such a small audience it won't last too much longer. can only write off so much before you cut the losses. i want to see tna succeed but wrestling isn't what it used to be. it's just more of "enjoy it now while it lasts"

Jim Ross Retires From WWE

A legend is done with the company...

- Jim Ross has retired from his position with WWE. The legendary commentator announced the neew on WWE.com, noting that he was leaving in order to focus on "personal business endeavors" such as his JR's Barbecue company. The article thanks Ross for his service both to WWE and all of sports entertainment.

Vince McMahon tweeted the following in response to the announcement:

Thank you @JRsBBQ for 20 years of service with @WWE.

Triple H also commented on Twitter, saying:

Can't thank you enough @JRsBBQ for all you've done for me personally and for @WWE ... Enjoy your time, you've earned it!!! #thankyouJR

The company has also reposted the video from Jim Ross Appreciation Night last October, which you can see here. Meanwhile, "Jim Ross" is trending worldwide on Twitter and the hastag #ThankYouJR is being used by fans to share their favorite Ross memories.

can't say enough good things about the man. even though he's kinda viewed as a cranky old man now who hates the internet fans, the guy's had bells palsy episodes on the air over the years and continued the show, even, i think it was a ppv or raw show in 98 or 99 when his mother died and he still did the show, then went on that short break

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

ROH hardly does 50,000 weekly viewers combined lol. Kenny King confirmed this in his shoot. Love the company but the gap between ROH and TNA is much larger than the gap between WWE and TNA.