The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Whats the Survivor Series match this year?

Shield + Real Americans vs. GoldRhodes, Usos & Mysterio.

Also Total Divas cast( Natalya, Bellas, Funkadactyls,, Eva Marie, & JoJo) vs. AJ Lee, Tamina Snuka, Kaitlyn, Alicia Fox, Rosa Mendes, Aksana, & Summer Rae.

So, there are more divas in the Survivor Series match...

Quebec wrestler Maurice 'Mad Dog' Vachon dies at 84

Vachon was the wrestler 'people loved to hate'

CBC News Posted: Nov 21, 2013 12:03 PM ET Last Updated: Nov 21, 2013 5:20 PM ET

mad-dog-vachon.jpg

Maurice "Mad Dog" Vachon died in his sleep on Thursday morning at the age of 84. (Radio-Canada)

Maurice “Mad Dog” Vachon, one of Quebec’s biggest wrestling icons, died in his sleep Thursday morning in Omaha, Nebraska. He was 84.

Originally from Ville-Émard, Vachon’s professional wrestling career was built on his unorthodox style, his legendary beard and his bad temper.

“He’s the best-known Quebec wrestler outside of Quebec. A legend,” says Pat Laprade, the author of a book on wrestling in the province.

Vachon participated in the 1948 London Olympics, where he finished 7th.

In the 1960s, his career as a heavyweight wrestler took off after being recruited to the American Wrestling Association. He was the AWA’s World Champion five times in the 1960s.

On July 14, 1973, Vachon fought opponent Wladek “Killer” Kowalski in front of 29,127 spectators at Montreal’s Jarry Park.

Laprade says Vachon’s fiery temper was put on for wrestling crowds, but that outside of the ring, he was a lovable character.

“He was the guy that people love to hate for years,” he says.

“He was known for helping others. He recommended wrestlers to new promoters. He helped wrestlers relaunch their careers,” Laprade continues.

Vachon retired from wrestling in 1986 after a 46-year-long career in the ring.

The next year, he lost one of his legs after being hit by a car. Later on, he lost the use of his other leg due to diabetes. He used a wheelchair until the end of his life.

He leaves behind six children and a large extended family.

RIP Mad Dog

Edited by Grapefruits

Shield + Real Americans vs. GoldRhodes, Usos & Mysterio.

Also Total Divas cast( Natalya, Bellas, Funkadactyls,, Eva Marie, & JoJo) vs. AJ Lee, Tamina Snuka, Kaitlyn, Alicia Fox, Rosa Mendes, Aksana, & Summer Rae.

So, there are more divas in the Survivor Series match...

That sounds terrible.

Bobby Roode vs James Storm - Bullrope Match

Magnus vs Samoa Joe - Falls Count Anywhere Match

Bully Ray vs Mr Anderson - If Anderson wins Aces and Eights are finished, if Bully wins Anderson is gone

Gail Kim Open Challenge

Abyss vs Joseph Park

Shows like this make me wish I had spike so I could watch live. Gunna be a good one.

She got quite a pop.

Hat tip to JoJo. Did a good job selling and doesn't look stiff in the ring unlike Eva Marie.

i was surprised by jojo. she looked good, she had the crowd on her side and showed some presence and really played the helpless diva well. shes my favourite on total divas, but even that match wasn't overly boring. all the elimunations were as what me and my friends thought-- all quick and to the point. have no problem with nattie winning for the total divas team. the big e, axel match was pretty boring, but i wont fault big e. axel just isn't cutting it. mark henry getting a nice pop

LOL random guy in the crowd with an xfl shirt

soooo. cena vs. del rio = we're all playing candy crush while waiting for our food

r-truth? santino? john lauranitis? fandango? all in one room? hell yes

punk and bryan vs the wyatts was a good match. the wyatts have a great psychology. dunno why you guys rag of them so much. havent watched wwe recently, but this is really the first time i saw them in action and they play the role of big men well enough and harper has some unique moves and rowen talking to the sheep mask is great

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
  • Upvote 1