The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

oh ok so those raw appearances counted towards his deal then? hmm. he didn't make that many appearances other than the 2 ppv's and a few RAW shows. i guess i can see them saving a couple for the rumble then the road to mania. but the only way SS will be any good now is if he makes an appearance to help team punk :|

Some sites are reporting they contemplated having Lesnar (or Mark Henry) appear. The original plan was to have Ryback win, then drop it later in the year during some kind of match where he doesn't actually get pinned or submitted. Thank god they scratched that.

that was my favourite cena shirt. i couldn't get one when i wanted too because the men's sizes are way too big for me. i can only fit in the lady's sizes but they were out at the time :|

I have the orange, purple, red, green, and black one (rise above hate) LOLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Some sites are reporting they contemplated having Lesnar (or Mark Henry) appear. The original plan was to have Ryback win, then drop it later in the year during some kind of match where he doesn't actually get pinned or submitted. Thank god they scratched that.

I have the orange, purple, red, green, and black one (rise above hate) LOLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZ.

i'd love mark henry to come back. he's lost a lot of weight since the surgery. he has one of the best theme songs today. i'm not the biggest fan of cena but he has some awesome shirts. i actually really like the rise above hate message

i'd love mark henry to come back. he's lost a lot of weight since the surgery. he has one of the best theme songs today. i'm not the biggest fan of cena but he has some awesome shirts. i actually really like the rise above hate message

I also like Mark Henry. I was hoping he'd come knock out Big Slow and Ziggler would cash in to win.

Sports entertainment is in a down period right now, wrestling isn't however. The problem today is WWE let the rising stars from 2008 go, guys like Carlito, Morrison, Benjamin, MVP, Kennedy, Kendrick, Gallows, ect. You can't expect someone to be the next Kurt Angle and get huge pops in their second week of television. It's pretty sad when a company's best product is it's "E" show that has non-developed stars on a weekly basis. If you look at companies like TNA or ROH on the other hand, you see how they've booked the wrestlers well enough to have an enormous amount of talent going after titles. TNA has the best roster in wrestling bar none. Alex Shelley's return would put them way over the top even if the MCMG isn't reformed. I don't see Shelley joining the WWE because they would treat him the same way they treat Bourne, which is criminal to Shelley's talents. But whatever, you guys would rather only watch Monday Night Raw and continue to give the product viewers even if the product is really, really bad. Nothing's going to change from the WWE point of view as long as they are getting a consistent viewership. I'd rather support companies that give talented guys the ball and let them roll with it. I suggest you guys do it too. Your choice.

i wouldn't call wwe getting consistent viewership right now. they're hovering in the mid 2.0's right now when they were at 3.0-3.5 or so before the switch to 3 hour raw shows (wouldn't even factor in monday night football either). viewership is dropping, ppv buyrates are dropping. i think we're starting to see some promise in guys like ziggler, cesaro, and a few other guys. i really like justin gabriel for example. he just needs a personality and he'd be a beast

Edited by Olias

I was kind of hoping they would build up Big Show to be more and more unstoppable (kind of like how Ryberg is now), and then he stands in the middle of the ring and goes on about how no one wants to face him, calls every one out no one actually comes out, then later that night he interrupts a title match between Punk and someone else, and goes off about how he should have both titles, and then Mark Henry comes out and they go at it.

I was kind of hoping they would build up Big Show to be more and more unstoppable (kind of like how Ryberg is now), and then he stands in the middle of the ring and goes on about how no one wants to face him, calls every one out no one actually comes out, then later that night he interrupts a title match between Punk and someone else, and goes off about how he should have both titles, and then Mark Henry comes out and they go at it.

i agree.

all i know is i hope mark makes a full recovery and brings back the hall of pain. he has so much potential material to work with should he return. he could come back and be all "what the hell has happened here while i was gone" route and take out guys like kane saying he's all hugging guys now. you know stuff like that. then go on a war path for the world title. hell even have show booked as some unstoppable machine. make us believe that no one can stop him, even super sheamus. then mark henry comes out and there's a legit threat for show's title. have that title mean something

All that had to do with Brad Maddox was put him in a match against Santino Marella. He comes in with street clothes. Surprises the crowd that he can wrestle. Done.

Identifies himself as a wrestler. Demands a match against Ryback. $1 million contract. :rolleyes:

I wish they brought The Miz back into the forefront. He was probably one of the best heel champions during the PG era. CM Punk's tenure is getting old quick. Ziggler, wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Oh, and just get Sheamus to go heel...they should be using his brute force for beating the crap out of everyone. Not walking around the ring smiling and cracking terrible jokes.

Edited by KoreanHockeyFan

Scott Keith summed it up best last night in two different quotes.

Quote 1:

Brad Maddox is out to explain his actions, and it’s a pretty good explanation. He spent thousands of dollars getting a developmental deal, and he was told that he wasn’t good enough, so he became a referee instead, bided his time, and then turned on Ryback without Punk’s knowledge. So this brings out Vince McMahon for a surprise appearance, and he wonders why CM Punk isn’t defending the WWE title at Survivor Series. Vince bullies Vickie into making Punk v. Ryback v. Cena, and I guess plans change yet again. This company is mind-boggling. Not only for changing the main event around at the drop of a hat, but for making such a big deal out of every authority figure change and then just having Vince come out and do what he wants anyway. Just last week he was all depressed because he couldn’t do anything about Vickie as GM! And we just had Cena and Punk in a three-way match at Summerslam! And never mind that Foley was so incredibly angry with Punk last week that he had to set up a tag match to settle thing, and now they’re not even in the same match anymore. But hey, they’re telling stories.

Quote 2:

Just another parting shot at RAW this morning, and a good example of why no one gets invested in pushes anymore. Vince comes out to make a new WWE title match for the PPV, and Vickie suggests Dolph Ziggler, the guy who is the #1 contender for the World title and presumed next big project. Vince LAUGHS at her and threatens to fire her for even suggesting a ridiculous idea like Ziggler getting a title shot, because who would want to pay to see that? And then they'll wonder why he doesn't get over after he backdoors his way into the World title and loses every match by DQ.

I'm kind of glad they made that match, not having the WWE title be defended at SS would have been retarded

Anyways Ryback will probably destroy them both all match then hit shell-shocked on Cena, then Punk comes in and pulls him out of the ring and steals the victory or something like that, they'll find a way for Punk to weasle his way out of it again.

Edited by Primus099