The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

http://www.wrestlezo...-jr-passes-away

Apparently due to a heart attack. RIP.

i liked viscera in the ministry. never really bought in to mable

darren mccarty on the new jericho show. this should be good. hopefully they talk about the wings/avs blood fued

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

This is still on!! And how exactly does WWE qualify as a sport?

Dating shows are more of a sport than WWE.

Sorry for being an a-hole, but this blows my mind.

Sports entertainment...Just to let to you know most are all true athletes, and you would never be able to do it. The WWE Diva's are probably stronger and more athletic than you.

Typical comment from an ignorant person who has no clue how tough it really is.

Edited by Del Rio

Sports entertainment...Just to let to you know most are all true athletes, and you would never be able to do it. The WWE Diva's are probably stronger and more athletic than you.

I'm not sure what it is honestly.

They want it known they aren't wrestling, so they aren't wrestling.

They aren't a sport, and they aren't entertaining, so scratch Sports-Entertainment off the list. So yeah, not sure what it is.

And your response to his post really doesn't make alot of sense cause he wasn't criticizing or taking away anything from the wrestlers themselves, so I'm not sure where you were going with that.

This is still on!! And how exactly does WWE qualify as a sport?

Dating shows are more of a sport than WWE.

Sorry for being an a-hole, but this blows my mind.

I agree, not sure what it is. A children's show is my guess.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

I'm not sure what it is honestly.

They want it known they aren't wrestling, so they aren't wrestling.

They aren't a sport, and they aren't entertaining, so scratch Sports-Entertainment off the list. So yeah, not sure what it is.

And your response to his post really doesn't make alot of sense cause he wasn't criticizing or taking away anything from the wrestlers themselves, so I'm not sure where you were going with that.

It may not be to you, but some do find it entertaining. Therefore, it's an entertainment show.

Smashian already explained what i meant but I'll clarify.

Just because something is tough does not make it a sport. At best, this is a less impressive version of circ du soleil, with performers that are on steroids (the only thing they do of note is acrobatics).

They are true "athletes." They are juiced up actors/performers. They can call it sports entertainment, but with fixed results and no competition whatsoever, it's stage performance.

It's called watching a TV Show. It's entertaining and its a sport. Sure the matches themselves are fixed but those aren't the results that matter. Theres a reason why we will say "that's the best wrestler in the world" about a guy. Thats where the competition is, its the reactions of the fans to a wrestler. Right now Daniel Bryan is winning the competition. Even as the company craps on him, hes on top. As for steroids, the WWE actually has a rigorous drug testing policy.

Why wouldn't it be on TV? Just because it's fake? You know Bryan Cranston doesn't actually make meth right?

• Upvote 1

It may not be to you, but some do find it entertaining. Therefore, it's an entertainment show.

Fair enough, and I do find some entertainment in it.

Just because something is tough does not make it a sport. At best, this is a less impressive version of circ du soleil, with performers that are on steroids (the only thing they do of note is acrobatics).

They are true "athletes." They are juiced up actors/performers. They can call it sports entertainment, but with fixed results and no competition whatsoever, it's stage performance.

They are basically actors that do there own stunt work.

Though because of that stunt work part they are athletes, since some the guys have styles that come from fighting backgrounds.

Wait, it's not? >_<

Well its not good that we have to wait, the good thing is that (since your locked in for 6 months) if there is anything bad about it or something that may lead one to not buy it we will find out before its available too us.

No one is calling it a sport, you just assumed thought because it was in the "Other sports" section of this forum.

And again with comments like that shows your ignorance. You don't know what it is and how it is today. You are trying to put it down and bash it. Just know, it is fake and scripted yet you still will never be able to do it...so what does that say?

Just like any movie or tv you enjoy and find entertaining, pro wrestling is the exact same thing.

It's called watching a TV Show. It's entertaining and its a sport. Sure the matches themselves are fixed but those aren't the results that matter. Theres a reason why we will say "that's the best wrestler in the world" about a guy. Thats where the competition is, its the reactions of the fans to a wrestler. Right now Daniel Bryan is winning the competition. Even as the company craps on him, hes on top. As for steroids, the WWE actually has a rigorous drug testing policy.

Why wouldn't it be on TV? Just because it's fake? You know Bryan Cranston doesn't actually make meth right?

Well said man. These people that bash pro wrestling are just too stupid to realize this.

austin pressed this issue with his cena interview that there is 'competition' in pro wrestling. the competition lies with crowd reactions. if a guy isn't making that crowd make some noise then he's not doing his job. these guys' jobs are to entertain the fans. if a guy goes out there and the fans are not interested at all, they'll let you know about it-- and when the fans are chanting "end this match, jbl, jerry! jerry! michael cole!" that's more on the company than the performers. it's almost like watching any tv show on right now. there's the storyline, but within that storyline you have character development; that's the biggest one

wwe doesn't do a good enough job in character development, to build the guys in the ring. you tune in to a random episode of raw and you see fandango vs r-truth. your first instinct is to ask, ok, who are these guys, who's the good guy, whos the bad guy, and why should i care. the people in the crowd don't want to see these guys perform becuase there's nothing about them worth watching. no storylines or anything, just 2 random guys put in to kill time-- and it sucks for them because they'll get that negative crowd heat and the "boring" chants will start and it's basically a match to have people go do something else and not pay attention to the match, because they don't care