The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Just saw the Hall of Fame ceremony. Just a few tidbits.

- Dang, Lita looks amazing.*drool*

- Roberts' speech almost had me shed tears. Love when he told Vince to get his writers ready, that they'd be seeing his grandson at WM 50.

- Hall had a short speech. I'll admit I was one of those doubters, that said Hall was a lost cause and he couldn't changes his ways. But he looks damn good. Happy he fought his demons and is doing well. Also love his closing statement where he said "bad times don't last, but bad guys do."

- Kane's story about him driving in a ski mask with Paul was hilarious. Nice tribute by Taker, although I wish he spoke about his long time manager.

- Carilto had the line of the night. "We just saw the Klique and Warrior is up next......and we our time got cut, it's like I never left ladies and gentleman." Literally bursted out laughing.

- Warrior's speech had some awesome quotes. Him saying "WWF" and then said "I wished they put the fracking F back in." He also said "he couldn't believe the WWE lawyers got their ass kicked by those Wildlife people." Too bad we didn't see him in character talking about the stars and heaven above.

Anyone remember this? I'm 33 so I remember it well.

Yup....that Wrestlemania 10 brings back memories. I remember being so pissed that Owen Hart beat Bret Hart at the start of the show but how they made things right when Hart regained the title at the end over Yokozuna. That show also started converting me into a Shawn Michaels fan.

Vickie is leaving WWE

http://www.sescoops.com/exclusive-vickie-guerrero-leaving-wwe-wrestlemania/

It’s WrestleMania Sunday and we’ve got exclusive breaking news coming out of New Orleans.

WWE authority figure Vickie Guerrero is leaving WWE. The widow of Eddie Guerrero is leaving on good terms and will be pursuing a career outside the industry.

Vickie Guerrero has been an on-air character with WWE since 2005, when she debuted in an angle with her late husband that involved Rey Mysterio and a secret involving his son Dominic.

Just saw the Hall of Fame ceremony. Just a few tidbits.

- Dang, Lita looks amazing.*drool*

- Roberts' speech almost had me shed tears. Love when he told Vince to get his writers ready, that they'd be seeing his grandson at WM 50.

- Hall had a short speech. I'll admit I was one of those doubters, that said Hall was a lost cause and he couldn't changes his ways. But he looks damn good. Happy he fought his demons and is doing well. Also love his closing statement where he said "bad times don't last, but bad guys do."

- Kane's story about him driving in a ski mask with Paul was hilarious. Nice tribute by Taker, although I wish he spoke about his long time manager.

- Carilto had the line of the night. "We just saw the Klique and Warrior is up next......and we our time got cut, it's like I never left ladies and gentleman." Literally bursted out laughing.

- Warrior's speech had some awesome quotes. Him saying "WWF" and then said "I wished they put the fracking F back in." He also said "he couldn't believe the WWE lawyers got their ass kicked by those Wildlife people." Too bad we didn't see him in character talking about the stars and heaven above.

1) Going to have to search for the Warriors speech, sounds awesome/typical Warrior.

2) I had to read it a few times, but Carlito's back?

Ya I'd like to see HHH leave Mania with the title aswell, that or have Bryan win the first match, only to have Batista win the 2nd one.

Part of me wants to see Bryan finally win, it would be awesome, but looking at the bigger picture If Bryan wins, the WWE will have their fans back in the palms of their hands again for the next year, and will once again abuse the fans loyalty & won't give them what they want.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

Man I pray to god STING finally comes! Nothing needs to be said, after the Taker Lesnar match, just need Sting up in the rafters looking right at Undertaker! And boom you got your WM31 main event

It would be awesome to see him come back cause of how great his character is, but the match would probably be trash.

I'd almost like to see him in something else if he did come back though instead of a Taker match. Thats kind of what everyone wants, but I think honestly at this stage in there careers it would be a major let down. I think the deadman thing has kind of grown stale, and then when it comes time for the match, I just can't see anyway it could like to the massive expectations alot of wrestling fans would have.

arrive, raise hell, leave. me and my buddies having our wrestlemania weekend. beer, junk food, old school wwf, wcw, ecw. gonna be funn

also rey mysterio on jerichos podcast today. yeeeee

LOL great show so far. starts off with cow bell+speaking the lyrics for mark henry's theme song XD

Well I'm gunna be listening to that one.

I've been trying to get Jericho's podcasts & Stone Cold's podcasts on my phone but they don't download for some reason, I guess I'm going to have to just download them on Itunes then put them on that way like the old days.

Alexander Rusev should win Battle Royal. Have him destroy and get several eliminations. Would be great way to debut him.

I'd rather them give that to someone with a higher ceiling, I don't see Rusev as much, he doesn't seem to be very entertaining.

Selfishly I would like to see Mysterio win as he's one of my favorites of all-time, and while I think they go with Sheamus since they see him as this big star (and since he's friends with HHH) they could really use this to build up a big star by having a younger guy win, I would normally say (if he had been used normally) that Ziggler is that guy but they have buried him to the point where there is really no hope for him anymore so they should just go with someone else.

This battle royal should be decent, but to me if they really wanted to make this big I would have had something be on the line, like the winner gets a future WWE/World title shot or something, that would have added more to the match IMO.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

Ya I'd like to see HHH leave Mania with the title aswell, that or have Bryan win the first match, only to have Batista win the 2nd one.

Part of me wants to see Bryan finally win, it would be awesome, but looking at the bigger picture If Bryan wins, the WWE will have their fans back in the palms of their hands again for the next year, and will once again abuse the fans loyalty & won't give them what they want.

I think the build up since Summerslam lead to tonight being Bryan's night. They will have over 70,000 doing the yes chant if he wins

It would be awesome to see him come back cause of how great his character is, but the match would probably be trash.

I'd almost like to see him in something else if he did come back though instead of a Taker match. Thats kind of what everyone wants, but I think honestly at this stage in there careers it would be a major let down. I think the deadman thing has kind of grown stale, and then when it comes time for the match, I just can't see anyway it could like to the massive expectations alot of wrestling fans would have.

I really don't think the match would be that bad. Taker can still go, even though he comes 1 time a year his matches are usually at the top. But again I really don't care how the match goes, for me just seeing them finally come face face will be so awesome.

It's their top show of the year but know what you mean. Very expensive, especially if the show turns out not to be good.

It just isn't worth it when you can get it for free. Unless you're having a get together and splitting the cost, or you pay for the whole thing and make everyone bring something.

• Upvote 1