The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Jake said him and Warrior made peace

Jake Roberts commented on the death of Ultimate Warrior via Twitter. "Deeply saddened," Roberts wrote. "We just had a great talk & buried a senseless hatchet. Talked working together. RIP Warrior. Taking solace we made peace."

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior :(

Sunday at Wrestlemania confirmed Hall of Famer ...now dead ..whats going on lately ?

But....he died "young" like alot of other Wrestlers from this time ...the list is sadly long :(

You say young, I reckon he did rather well to reach the age he did. So many others died much younger - Bam Bam Bigelow, Eddie Guerrero, Mr Perfect, Chris Kanyon, Brian Pillman, Rick Rude, Randy Savage, Davey Boy Smith, Texas Tornado, just to name a few - so to get into his 50s, Warrior did do well. Considering the abuse he put his body through.

You say young, I reckon he did rather well to reach the age he did. So many others died much younger - Bam Bam Bigelow, Eddie Guerrero, Mr Perfect, Chris Kanyon, Brian Pillman, Rick Rude, Randy Savage, Davey Boy Smith, Texas Tornado, just to name a few - so to get into his 50s, Warrior did do well. Considering the abuse he put his body through.

thats true but its allways scary

some other Big Names ... Big Boss Man , Animal (L.O.D.) , Yokuzuna, Earthquake

Add accidents like Owen Hart or Suicide ...Chris Benoit

thats kinda a complete Generation of Wrestlers.

Guys like Piper , Valentine, Beefcake , Ric Flair , Hulkster are still alive though

thats true but its allways scary

some other Big Names ... Big Boss Man , Animal (L.O.D.) , Yokuzuna, Earthquake

Add accidents like Owen Hart or Suicide ...Chris Benoit

thats kinda a complete Generation of Wrestlers.

Guys like Piper , Valentine, Beefcake , Ric Flair , Hulkster are still alive though

Wasn't it hawk from LOD that passed away animal still alive

I was looking at a list of all the wrestlers who have died. Lots on the list that I had no idea, not surprised though.

Yeah Pro Wrestling pretty much used and abused back in the day. Vince was famous for taking full advantage of wrestlers in their prime and then cutting ties with them when they were broken and burned out.

Thankfully, things have changed and they try to take better care of the talent. Even down to financial planning for life after wrestling.

Edited by Grapefruits

Just listened to Jericho's podcast, spoke about Lesnar's breaking the streak. He made some great points, on why Taker/the WWE decided to end the streak.

He pointed out, if that was indeed Taker's last match, typically it's an unwritten rule in the wrestling business to lose in your retirement match. Also mentioned, that Lesnar kind of loss some steam coming into the Taker feud and if he loss that match, no one would take him as an legitimate draw.