The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

26 minutes ago, Madness said:

Apparently WWE has decided on The Undertakers opponent for Mania. Apparently the person is not on the roster as of now.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/675899-current-wrestlemania-32-plans-for-the-undertaker-top-names-ruled-out-as-possible-opponents-could-sting-be-an-option-more#/slide/1

Besides Sting, who else is there that's not on roster right now. It won't HBK (he's sticking to his retirement despite WWE throwing aton of money to work Royal Royal Match). The Rock (he's can't wrestle at WM due not to being to insured as he's filming movies). It sounds like WWE will be bringing Hogan very soon but it might not be until after WM.  Austin has stated he's done wrestling. There's also Goldberg but he isn't shy to say he hated his WWE run. Vince made 2 offers to Batista for WM. One being him wrestling a match and the other was being Special Guest Referee for Roman Reigns vs. HHH but Batista turned both those offers down.

Edited by the last outlaw

If it's confirmed it's not Cena, does that mean that it can't be Orton either? It's kind of vague to say someone that's not currently on the roster. Main Roster? Excluding the injured?

Because now they have me excited for someone like Angle, but we'll probably get someone that would disappoint me. Like Orton.

TNA was pretty good this week as well, with the whole Monster's Ball match with the Wolves. This "Decay" faction is pretty well done, which is impressive in that they succeed despite having Abyss be one third of them. All that, plus the main title stuff has been great. Just an overall enjoyable show at the moment. Though it's just a shame that the Knockouts division had all the momentum sucked out of it when Taryn Terrell just suddenly retired from wrestling.

Also, just as a note, it's funny that Smackdown ends with Leasnar standing tall over Reigns and Ambrose while staring down HHH, while Raw ends with what it did (Ryback, Big Show, and Kane standing tall, leading to what promises to be a bad match at that.)

58 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

If it's confirmed it's not Cena, does that mean that it can't be Orton either? It's kind of vague to say someone that's not currently on the roster. Main Roster? Excluding the injured?

Because now they have me excited for someone like Angle, but we'll probably get someone that would disappoint me. Like Orton.

Want to qualify this by saying that Dave Meltzer has apparently clarified what he meant by his statement about Undertaker's opponent. Clarified it very specifically, as if he just read my question, lol.

It doesn't just mean someone recovering from injury, and it doesn't just mean someone not on the main roster (from NXT). So it's literally an outsider like Kurt Angle, or a part timer like The Rock. Or something along those lines. Just as long as they're not signed to the WWE day to day roster.

IMO, that's great news.

Edited by g_bassi13

1 hour ago, g_bassi13 said:

Want to qualify this by saying that Dave Meltzer has apparently clarified what he meant by his statement about Undertaker's opponent. Clarified it very specifically, as if he just read my question, lol.

It doesn't just mean someone recovering from injury, and it doesn't just mean someone not on the main roster (from NXT). So it's literally an outsider like Kurt Angle, or a part timer like The Rock. Or something along those lines. Just as long as they're not signed to the WWE day to day roster.

IMO, that's great news.

Great news.  Once again, part time guys (not really even that) take matches away from full-time performers that could be used instead.  No offense to UT or HHH but pass the torch already.

28 minutes ago, swflyers8 said:

Great news.  Once again, part time guys (not really even that) take matches away from full-time performers that could be used instead.  No offense to UT or HHH but pass the torch already.

Well this means that Undertaker won't be passing on the torch. He'll just have a match against another part timer, and The Undertaker will probably go over him. That's about it.

I like it, in that it keeps part timers within their own bubble that doesn't infringe on the other competition, other than that it takes up time. I think any major show like Wrestlemania could use a hook like that. Also, I like it in that I'm hyping myself to believe that it's Angle or Austin. I don't mind being excited for a few days before my hopes get crushed on Monday by someone I don't care about, lol.

Also, I absolutely hate HHH, and have a lot of offensive things I could say about him, but depending on who exactly he's going to face, part of me may want him to just go over for at Mania again. Partly for the lol's, and partly because I may not want his opponent to have the torch passed to them to be the face of the company (I'm talking about Roman).

I think HHH is the only guy that can simultaneously piss me off by how stupid and illogical his wins are, and then subsequently make me laugh and smile (about how stupid and illogical his wins are.)

Edited by g_bassi13

watching this as a kid, it makes sense in 2016

i get cornette is like the old man shouting yelling at clouds, but you can't argue the man is money. i love how wwe brought jim in for these things just to bury wcw but he ends up burying them both LOL, but fast forward to 2016, we have a product like nxt, which is everything this man was talking about

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

It's interesting just how easy it is to watch Main Event. I watch it every once in a while, more so than I do Smackdown, and there's little holding the show down. It's just one hour, with 3-4 matches and no filler. Nothing important happens, but you get to see matches that you wouldn't otherwise see (mostly between jobbers, but whatever. They're likeable jobbers.)