The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Subway Super Series 2012 CHL vs. Russia

Mr. White

Man Brossoit impressed the crap out of me today. It's the first time in a long while that I was actually feeling confident about Canada's goaltending in a game.

On another note...

I think Yakupov is so fricken over-rated.

There. I said it.

I've watched this guy play around 15 games and in all those games he has looked nothing but average. I really don't understand the hype around this guy.

I know 10-15 games isn't a large enough sample size to be making these assumptions but Christ. All I hear is, "Yakupov this and Yakupov that" and he doesn't ever do anything! He fricken floats around all game maybe makes 1 or 2 nice rushes and that's it. He's the 1st overall pick and I really don't see anything that justifies him being 1st overall.

I've never seen any high-light reel goals from Yakupov. All his goals just seem to be shots from the slot and rebounds. I've never seen him dominate a game or make any high-light reel plays.

IMO Morgan Reilly looks like the best player out of last years draft. I've seen this guy play around 10-15 games and he has been DOMINATE in each and every game. The only negative fact about him is that he's Maple Leafs property. I'm actually starting to believe Burke when he said that if the Leafs had the 1st overall pick they would have taken Reilly anyway.

Call me an idiot who doesn't understand anything about hockey or whatever you want. But from what I've seen Yakupov is so fricken over-rated it is ridiculous.

And I'm not just saying that cause I hate the Oilers. I honestly think that Yakupov is over-rated as hell. I think that Schultz is the real deal and the Oilers got a hell of a good d-man there. But when it comes to Yakupov... I think the Oilers screwed up there.

But I'll probably be proven wrong.

Nas19... I was at the game tonight and I agree that Yakupov was very underwhelming. Honestly, I don't think he was trying very hard until about halfway through the 3rd. He was largely invisible before that. Maybe he isn't motivated for this series, I'm not sure, but it should be a concern for the Oilers. On the other hand, whether he scores highlight reel goals or not doesn't matter as long as he is scoring which, in this game at least, he wasn't even close.

Reilly looked great. He's very shifty and has great ability to make something out of nothing. He was the best offensive player on the ice for either team.

I... have no recollection of that happening, but I was watching the game with my brother lol. I may have been talking that shift. Around what point in the game was that, because I'm sticking by my 'he looked great' and adding 'when I saw him' lol. Seriously, I thought he was really good this game.

I've been told it was in the second period, which blows my mind. I remember him coughing up once or twice under pressure deep in his zone on one shift, but I also didn't think he was being given outlets and didn't really notice that he'd been benched. Either way, kind of a travesty that Reilly would be benched if Dumba wasn't.

Archived