The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jensen or Kassian?

uber_pwnzor

Jensen or Kassian?  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

how can we just get over trading our future away for a guy like kassian, I mean hes ok but he needs more time in the minors. everyone goes crazy over these new grinders like torres bitz duco when really their worse than mason raymond. im just saying dont get your hopes up for this guy.

Gaunce is only 18...He's still got two more years in junior after this one.

Don't even bother trying to project his potential. It's WAY too early.

As for Jensen and Kassian, I think that half a season in the SEL and half a season in the AHL should give them enough seasoning to make the big club. If things go the way the owners want, we're gonna need cheap young talent next season to fill in the gaps of players we'll have to trade. So it's best to get a jumpstart on these guys this season.

Gaunce is only 18...He's still got two more years in junior after this one.

Don't even bother trying to project his potential. It's WAY too early.

As for Jensen and Kassian, I think that half a season in the SEL and half a season in the AHL should give them enough seasoning to make the big club. If things go the way the owners want, we're gonna need cheap young talent next season to fill in the gaps of players we'll have to trade. So it's best to get a jumpstart on these guys this season.

Well if the cap goes down to 59 million, then we're gonna need to shed about 12 million at least.

So the obvious trade that everyone assumes will happen is Luongo, which would shed 5.3 mil. But that still leaves about 7 million, and that's without even factoring in Burrows, Higgins, and Edler's raises. So I mean, we're gonna have to probably trade Ballard or Edler, and either trade Booth or let Raymond and Malhotra go (which is most likely).

And even after all that, it still might not be enough. So we're gonna need at least two young guys to step up into the top 9 and make an impact. And we're gonna need Connauton to step up, and be ready to take Ballard's spot. And then of course, have Lack become the backup for Schneider.

Well if the cap goes down to 59 million, then we're gonna need to shed about 12 million at least.

So the obvious trade that everyone assumes will happen is Luongo, which would shed 5.3 mil. But that still leaves about 7 million, and that's without even factoring in Burrows, Higgins, and Edler's raises. So I mean, we're gonna have to probably trade Ballard or Edler, and either trade Booth or let Raymond and Malhotra go (which is most likely).

And even after all that, it still might not be enough. So we're gonna need at least two young guys to step up into the top 9 and make an impact. And we're gonna need Connauton to step up, and be ready to take Ballard's spot. And then of course, have Lack become the backup for Schneider.

Archived