The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multiple Warning Signs Surrounding Zack Kassian

King of the ES

I think most people agree that the trade was a win win for both teams.

So for the Cody bashers out there, just out of curiosity, if Cody finished a season among league leader in points but had a negative plus minus, would you continue to say we won the trade because he can't play both ends of the rink?

Keep in mind, guys like Malkin have previously been among league leader in points but ended the season as a minus player.

Alright, Cody is already a 1st liner and a 100 pt player consistently.

Oh Whoops I forgot to mention he should be captain of the Sabres. I guess I "hate" Cody still.

Continuously denigrating a former Canuck for your personal jollies is not exactly refreshing or enlightening.

Continuously denigrating a former Canuck for your personal jollies is not exactly refreshing or enlightening.

Or.. Pointing out weaknesses in his game. I didn't know pointing out weaknesses in Cody's game (When everyone loves to do it for everyone else) is "denigrating a former Canucks for my personal jollies"

I guess you were denigrating Jordan Schroeder earlier in the year right?

It seems like unless I praise Cody as the 2nd coming of Sidney Crosby, people will complain that I'm just hating on him. So whatever say what you like. He has his weaknesses & his strengths, no one is at fault for pointing them out.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I think most people agree that the trade was a win win for both teams.

So for the Cody bashers out there, just out of curiosity, if Cody finished a season among league leader in points but had a negative plus minus, would you continue to say we won the trade because he can't play both ends of the rink?

Keep in mind, guys like Malkin have previously been among league leader in points but ended the season as a minus player.

Most offence first players end the season as minus players.

I would think that a player scoring 100 points a season wouldn't be a minus.. and woulnd't be on for as many goals against...

i looked it up last years-- mostly were plus players..but there were some minus's guess your not completely wrong but your not right either.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I would think that a player scoring 100 points a season wouldn't be a minus.. and woulnd't be on for as many goals against...

i looked it up last years-- mostly were plus players..but there were some minus's guess your not completely wrong but your not right either.

Well, not most I guess, but but there are a few.

Wait wait wait... isn't +/- just a team based statistic??

Too bad advanced stats are stupid, and we can't use those to prove points.

(Just took a look at some advanced stats, and Burrows is awesome this year in corsi, and so is Ehrhoff.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Wait wait wait... isn't +/- just a team based statistic??

Too bad advanced stats are stupid, and we can't use those to prove points.

(Just took a look at some advanced stats, and Burrows is awesome this year in corsi, and so is Ehrhoff.

I wasn't judging players, I'm the last person who would judge a players performance based on the +/- stat.

Or.. Pointing out weaknesses in his game. I didn't know pointing out weaknesses in Cody's game (When everyone loves to do it for everyone else) is "denigrating a former Canucks for my personal jollies"

I guess you were denigrating Jordan Schroeder earlier in the year right?

It seems like unless I praise Cody as the 2nd coming of Sidney Crosby, people will complain that I'm just hating on him. So whatever say what you like. He has his weaknesses & his strengths, no one is at fault for pointing them out.

I don't have a problem with fair criticism of a player if the youth and inexperience of the player is taken into consideration. Your posts seem to be in this catagory, although I think Cody has plenty of time to improve his defensive game.

It's the mocking and sarcastic remarks that seem to be appear throughout this board. The slagging of the guys character. Constantly bringing up negative comments about Cody when Kass (and now Schneider) are being discussed.

I have no doubt that Cody will be a very good NHL player for years to come. Good for him. That fact does not diminish Kass' skills or future success. I still think this was a good trade for both teams.

'Smashian Kassian'

"Everyone who still has the Cody glasses on seems to still be living back in the Junior days, when he was a star and was a projected #1 center."

Was he not playing the #1 center position in Buffalo? Is the kid not 22 years old?

What line did Kes and Hank play on when they were 22?

When Kes played a full year at 22 years old he scored 10 goals.3rd line.

That would be Hank scoring 8 goals in an entire season when he was 22 years old.3rd line.

Give your hate for Hodgson a rest long enough to allow your brain to actually digest some facts.

You sound like Mike Gillis' office boy ready with slippers and cocoa.

What? Two players who play/played a pass first game scored few goals?!? That inexcusable!

Archived