The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Draft Day Trade Up

I've made this thread to discuss with people what it would take to get the 5th pick in the 2013 NHL Amateur draft. I'd like the Canucks to try and get (Even though he's a Russian) Valeri Nichushkin.

Scouting report: A strong-bodied center forward who is not afraid to get into the dirty areas to create scoring chances. Upsides include great skating ability, very good balance on his skates allow him to utilise his full skating potential and his star-quality vision of his surroundings allow him locate teammates with precision passing accuracy. Not many downsides to his game but shot accuracy could be improved. An NHL comparison that best suits him would be Jordan Staal of the Carolina Hurricanes who uses his big body to make plays but also incorporates his stickhandling ability into the mix which allows him to score goals. Look for Valeri Nichushkin to be a rising star in the years to come, potentially being a top 10 draft pick for the 2013 NHL Draft and also representing his country in many international tournaments to come. (Courtesy of mynhldraft.com)

I'm thinking assets along the lines of maybe Gaunce + our first + 2nd. This guy is going to be an absolute stud and you can't forget the goal that denied Canada a bronze medal at the World Juniors. So post your proposals on what it would take to get that #5 pick and whether Nichushkin will rise or fall in the draft rankings and give me feedback on if a player like this will help our team and what the risk is he'll decide to stay in Russia like Kuznetsov or Radulov.

He's also 6'4 but has a lot of bulking up to do.

I've made this thread to discuss with people what it would take to get the 5th pick in the 2013 NHL Amateur draft. I'd like the Canucks to try and get (Even though he's a Russian) Valeri Nichushkin.

Scouting report: A strong-bodied center forward who is not afraid to get into the dirty areas to create scoring chances. Upsides include great skating ability, very good balance on his skates allow him to utilise his full skating potential and his star-quality vision of his surroundings allow him locate teammates with precision passing accuracy. Not many downsides to his game but shot accuracy could be improved. An NHL comparison that best suits him would be Jordan Staal of the Carolina Hurricanes who uses his big body to make plays but also incorporates his stickhandling ability into the mix which allows him to score goals. Look for Valeri Nichushkin to be a rising star in the years to come, potentially being a top 10 draft pick for the 2013 NHL Draft and also representing his country in many international tournaments to come. (Courtesy of mynhldraft.com)

I'm thinking assets along the lines of maybe Gaunce + our first + 2nd. This guy is going to be an absolute stud and you can't forget the goal that denied Canada a bronze medal at the World Juniors. So post your proposals on what it would take to get that #5 pick and whether Nichushkin will rise or fall in the draft rankings and give me feedback on if a player like this will help our team and what the risk is he'll decide to stay in Russia like Kuznetsov or Radulov.

He's also 6'4 but has a lot of bulking up to do.

Depends on how the drafting order pans out and the rankings on draft day. Have we seen Gillis ever trade up in a draft? Of course we would love to get him but in a deep draft our first and second have a real good chance of panning out, as does Gaunce. Thats a lot to give up, but if the deal was there I would probably do it.

If its a team that needs a goalie and we still have Schneider and Luongo on draft day, Schneider + 2nd might just do it. Lots of variables at this point, very hard to predict what it would take but I doubt Gillis tries to move up the draft unless its for a Hulking blue chip R handed Dman prospect.

well I will let you in on a little secret there is a possibility Luongo will be the number one going forward. Those that think its not possible are blinded with bias. And I am glad you're not MG cause if there is a potential franchise player that the Canucks could draft for a 1b goalie and a low second rounder I think GMMG does that in a heartbeat.

Archived