The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

Gillis will make a solid well informed risk assessment on kesler.. I don't understand how you say kesler cannot be assumed. We pretty much have to if we want a chance at the cup otherwise it's not our turn to strike. We built this team to be kesler as the #2 man behind hank, we have to to add to that to improve IMO. We need him to be his best if we want to go all he way, not his stand in backup plan at his best.

It's not that I don't think another centre wouldn't help, it would. But I don't think it would give us more punch in the playoffs. We keep going in as the same team and I'd like to bring another element.

I'll meet you in the middle on this one haha. Lets go luongo 3rd to nyi for cizikas 1st Nabokov

Then clowe for 2nd Connaughton. 2nd becomes a first if clowe resigns.

Raymond Kesler Clowe

Higgins cizikas Hansen

Looks solid

Gillis will make a solid well informed risk assessment on kesler.. I don't understand how you say kesler cannot be assumed. We pretty much have to if we want a chance at the cup otherwise it's not our turn to strike. We built this team to be kesler as the #2 man behind hank, we have to to add to that to improve IMO. We need him to be his best if we want to go all he way, not his stand in backup plan at his best.

It's not that I don't think another centre wouldn't help, it would. But I don't think it would give us more punch in the playoffs. We keep going in as the same team and I'd like to bring another element.

I'll meet you in the middle on this one haha. Lets go luongo 3rd to nyi for cizikas 1st Nabokov

Then clowe for 2nd Connaughton. 2nd becomes a first if clowe resigns.

Raymond Kesler Clowe

Higgins cizikas Hansen

Looks solid

At this point I think MG needs to go all in for Nielsen and/or Eller, even at the expense of our future.

Lu for Nabokov+Nielsen

Schroeder+1st for Eller

Sedin-Sedin-Burr

Higgins-Nielsen-Kesler

Raymond-Eller-Hansen

Pini - Lapierre - Kassian

I don't care if its over-payment we need to overload on centers like LA did.

I'll assume this was a response to my post.

I say Kesler's health can't be assumed because he hasn't been healthy for two years running, with multiple things ailing him.

He may return and remain 100% - he may not, but even if he is not healthy, I'm still not prepared to throw in the white towel on this season.

I simpl wouldn't neglect to acquire a guy who can generate ozone starts and win faceoffs - this team needs that regardless imo - Lapierre can't carry all that weight. I suppose Henrik could continue to take dzone faceoffs, but...

Even if Kesler were healthy, imo it's better to have the option of using him in a less fixed (ie shutdown), more versatile way, that doesn't grind on his health.

Anyhow, I'm not against acquiring Clowe - it's more the case that there's no way I offer a conditional first and prospect for him.

There is only one place that has been relatively confirmed that he'd be willing to waive for (obviously Florida, considering his comments) - aside from that, the entire balance of these discussions are based upon the unknown possibility that he might waive to go somewhere else.

You failed to explain what makes the Islanders such a ridiculous possibility.

The thing is, Schroeder is a bit of a question come playoff time. He is still a rookie remember and we may need a insurance policy in case he can't handle the physicality come playoff time. That's my reasoning for needing a third line center I think that's Gillis' as well. Before this year, Gillis always stocked up on D for the injuries that happen in a playoff run. It seems this year we need to stock up on centermen.

Also, did you notice last game that when the Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen wasn't doing anything, Schroeder was dropped to forth line and replaced by Lappy?

Archived