The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Shroeder Has Been Given Enough Time To Showcase His Talents!

Pasific Coluseum

Says more about his linemates. Sestito had two clear breakaways, and couldn't bury either one. Weise is a total plug and he definitely belongs in the AHL.

The issue I have is we have plugs playing on the 4th line, instead of players we've been developing who might actually have something to contribute.

We need our prospects to fill in holes, and we seem to be a long way from that.

I think alot of people here feel we need to cater to these young prospects. I think it's the oposite, they need to show that they can learn and play in different situations that they may not be acustom to if they want to suceed and stick with our team, cause as you know almost no one is guaranteed a specific roll or spot on this team. If you're suposed to be a top prospect and can't make it work on the 2,3 or 4th line, well then......that pretty much speaks for it self.

He has shown a decent two way game. His point production has dropped off. But to have him on the 4th line is pointless.

Send him to Chicago allow him to play top min even strength, pp and pk. Its a waste to have him here and be utilized like this. With a key injury to a top 6 center and Schroeder is on the 4th line that should say enough that right now its just not worth having him on the team.

Maybe Pinizzotto can be given a shot as he fits the bill as a gritty player on the 4th line and plays center. Im not sold on Lapierre being our 3rd line center going into the playoffs as i think we could use an upgrade but thats my opinion.

Either give schroeder a chance to be on 2nd line till kesler is back or allow him to play those kind of minutes in the AHL. 4th line minutes are a waste

Is it time to pull the plug so to speak on Jordan? He looks so tiny on the ice. In puck battles he loses the puck so easily. He's not exactly lighting it up for a prospect with scoring potential. He's speedy and improving defensively. I'm afraid to say I don't think Mr. Shroeder is going to turn into Nazem Kadri. I don't see the point of putting Jordan on the 4th line either.

I wouldn't be opposed to Shroeder being dangled as trade bait at the deadline. I really think he will struggle in the playoffs because of his size. I just wished Shroeder turned out to be a Paul Kariya type.

I want to see what Steve Pinozzato can do. I hope Canucks send Jordan down and bring Steve up soon.

Yep, the kid's played 19 NHL games and still isn't playing like a first line C. He should be sent down to the Wolves forever!

Some Canucks fans just don't have a clue about developing young hockey players. The kid has played well enough to stick with the club. His defensive game is good, as is his passing and skating. Right now, he is playing on the 4th line, so it is pretty hard to 'fly like an eagle, when you're surrounded with turkeys.'

Still, I would like to see the 'Nucks start to (gradually) switch him over to the wing. Due to his size, I think he would do better there.

Sometimes I wonder if people who post on here do so knowing how stupid their comments are just to annoy. Not troll's but that annoying kid in the playground who just says stupid crap knowing its stupid to get a reaction. I put the OP's comments in that category.

We're already lacking depth at center, have no young centers who are close to ready with skill in our system and we trade the only one we have? LOL

Why? Because AV is trying to ensure he learns the defensive game first in the NHL since he knows he has offensive talent? And given he's small, what's going to keep him in the NHL is his ability to not give up too much defensively?

Does anyone ever think that AV KNOWS what he's doing? People say he didn't develop players...What about these guys who were young under him?

Henrik - started as a third liner = Art Ross and Richard trophy

Daniel - started as a third liner = Art Ross

Burrows - started as a third liner ECHL'er now an unsung hero

Kesler - started as a third liner - Selke Winner

Schnieder - well be a vezina winner, considered one of the best young goalies in the league, back up for 3 years

Edler - started on the bottom pair, now an all star - ok tough year this year but he'll be fine

Tanev

See one common thread guys? Its called PATIENCE, development.

Yes Cody is scoring and so would Schroeds if he had zero defensive responsibility and played with one of the top scorers in the NHL.

But instead AV is thinking, what does this team need in 4 years, not today, 4 years, because today this kid isn't taking ice from any of the above, let alone a new 3rd line that looks amazing.

So AV says, well I will need a solid 2 way center who can score, because Sedins will be aging/gone. And with Kes always hurt who knows.

So hmm..who do I have?

Oh, I have Schroeder. He's quick, great hands, see's the ice well, good defensively, just small but he's also a fire hydrant and tough on his skates.

Ok what do I need to do to get him to that point?

1. Let him learn his defensive positioning, and how to compete, win battles in the NHL with HIS SIZE as its different even from the AHL

2. How? well I could put him on the top two lines but they're set and really its not going to develop him into what we need, we don't want one dimensional players in Van. Remember we have a DETROIT system where even the stars play two ways.

3. Ok so I'll put him on the third, ya but Mayray/Higgy/Hansen are just on fire, we need that chemistry. Second? Hmm ok but when Kesler is back where?

4. Not first, so damn, not much room but ok I'll put him on the 4th. He'll play with Weisse (he's smart defensively) and he'll start focusing on his defensive game, have to BATTLE EVERY SINGLE GAME, because that's what that line is out there for, to tire defenses, and be a thorn. I'll give him PP time to keep his offensive skills sharp and the occasional sub shift on the 3rd.

5. Next year, I'll put him on the third and allow him to start slowly letting his offense back in.

6. Year after, still the third but he'll get a bit more share of ice

7. Year after he should be ready for second line duty but I'll make him want it just a bit more

8 Next year he's ready, Sedins are aging/gone, Kesler may be gone or moved to number 1.

Regardless thats how it works guys. And guess what, he'll be 27/28 and in his prime and ready to play another 6 /7 years at a high level.

Yep, the kid's played 19 NHL games and still isn't playing like a first line C. He should be sent down to the Wolves forever!

Some Canucks fans just don't have a clue about developing young hockey players. The kid has played well enough to stick with the club. His defensive game is good, as is his passing and skating. Right now, he is playing on the 4th line, so it is pretty hard to 'fly like an eagle, when you're surrounded with turkeys.'

Still, I would like to see the 'Nucks start to (gradually) switch him over to the wing. Due to his size, I think he would do better there.

I don't understand what you're complaining about OP.

He's playing on the 4th line, where he doesn't exactly have the opportunity to "showcase" his talents. However, he's looked decent on the 4th line - he's always forechecking, hustling, and pressuring the opposition in their own zone. He moves really well without the puck. Reminds me of Hansen in that way. I would much rather see him getting limited minutes on the 4th line and gaining NHL experience than getting no minutes playing for our AHL team. He's not going to be in the top 6 this season.

He's never going to light it up playing with Sestito, Weise. He didn't even get a real shot at real top 6 minutes (16+min). He should have had a shot with Burrows and Raymond or Booth on the 2nd line, with real offensive player.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth/Raymond-Schroeder-Burrows

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

I dont get the raymond and burrows experiment on center when you have a real offensive center in Schroeder. It's too obvious, yet AV seems to want to complicate things

Archived